Member Engagement Manager - Indiana Library Federation (ILF)
- 26-Jun-2021 to 25-Jul-2021
- - Indiana Library Federation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is negotiable
- Full Time
- If requesting part-time, ILF offers pro-rated benefits.
Indiana Library Federation seeks a Member Engagement Manager to serve and engage personal and institutional members and to deliver a full range of networking, professional development, and special projects. The position provides exceptional customer service in a team environment.
About the Indiana Library Federation (ILF)
ILF is the statewide nonprofit membership organization of about 2,000 members and services academic, public, school, and special libraries and the people who work in them. ILF leads, educates, and advocates to advance library services. To that end, ILF provides virtual and in-person trainings and conferences, awards programs, special projects, and a policy advocacy program. ILF hosts about 15 monthly meetings and nearly 10 large events around the state every year. The office is on the north side of Indianapolis near 86th and College.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
While not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, the primary duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ILF member experience, from joining or renewing personal or institutional membership, to engaging in professional development, networking and special project opportunities.
- Working with the Executive Director, coordinate volunteer and leadership development programs to engage members and prospective members in volunteer roles throughout ILF.
- Coordinate activities that engage members with each other and with related stakeholders, including online and in-person meetings, special projects, cohort-style learning and leadership development.
- Coordinate the member-driven and member-needed content and be present for all professional development conferences, including multiple regional conferences; a conference for children's, teen and school library staff; a conference for public library staff and volunteers; and a conference regarding legislative policy development; etc.
- Take a leadership role in overseeing the registration, tracking and evaluation of events and engagement opportunities throughout the year.
- Engage volunteers and staff collaboratively in the development of purpose, content, promotions and processes.
- Utilize an online membership software program for processing memberships, conference registrations and other transactions, ensuring accurate set-up for quality processing.
- Analyze survey data and evaluation feedback for continuous quality improvements, preparing appropriate reports for the executive director, committees and board.
- Maintain complete and accurate files for all areas of responsibility.
- Advise the Executive Director, committees and related groups on member and leader needs and trends.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external partners.
- Manage and perform other duties as assigned.
- While not included in the currently advertised position, this position may be adapted to a part-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each position duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office, positive and energetic for all-day/multi-day events. Experience with mission-driven service organization, planning, dedication to detail, ability to juggle projects simultaneously, and ability to work in a small office environment are required. Demonstrated success working with volunteers and committees.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Must be computer proficient and detail oriented. Effective time management and exceptional customer service skills are essential with the ability to multi-task with interruptions. Must be able to meet deadlines. Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position. Nonprofit experience with successful project management is a plus.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Describe your approach to member or volunteer management.
2) Describe your experience in member services or engagement. If none, share your most similar experiences.
3) Based on the position description, what makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until position is filled. (Our current manager is moving out-of-state in July.)