Operations Manager - Health by Design
- 28-Jun-2021 to 31-Jul-2021
- - Health by Design
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation is expected to be in the range of $50,000-$75,000 annually, depending on education and experience.
- Full Time
- excellent benefits
The Operations Manager is responsible for overall organizational and administrative management, staff coordination, program and project management, grants/contracts management, and execution and expansion of internal policies and procedures for Health by Design and its associated initiatives.
Health by Design works at the intersection of the built environment and public health, collaborating across sectors and disciplines to ensure Indiana communities have neighborhoods, public spaces and transportation infrastructure that promote active living for all.
This position reports to the Executive Director and will have supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
A bachelor's degree is required, along with at least five years of experience in non-profit, operations, and/or business management or similar/related fields. A master's degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
The ideal candidate will be a goal-oriented, conscientious individual who uses sound judgment and effective analytical skills to manage all administrative and operational aspects of the organization. They are detail- oriented, a self-starter, and able to organize and prioritize multiple projects. Persons with experience in non- profit management and fund development are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse community partners; a deep understanding of the principles of equity, inclusiveness and power across multiple dimensions (such as race, ethnicity, ability, gender, sexual orientation, income and place); and life and/or professional experience working across those dimensions.
The Operations Manager will oversee budgeting, financial reporting, grants and contracts management, and the audit process, with tasks including but not limited to:
- Determine and monitor optimal resource allocation
- Interface with the organization's accounting firm and staff to ensure timely invoicing and receivables
- Oversee and refine the organization's payable and payroll systems
- Identify and implement a comprehensive time-tracking system
- Prepare the organization's records for annual audit
- Support fund development activities
- Monitor the fiscal health of the organization, reporting to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
The Operations Manager will manage human resources, with tasks including but not limited to:
- Lead team meetings, one-on-one staff meetings, and annual reviews to monitor staff performance and resource allocation
- Refine and implement the organization's employee handbook
- Oversee the hiring and onboarding of new staff members
- Monitor time off and employee benefits
- Identify professional development opportunities for individual staff members and the team as a whole
The Operations Manager will manage the overall operations of the organization, with tasks including but not limited to:
- Develop, refine, and manage internal systems and standard operating procedures
- Identify and implement a project management platform based on the needs of the organization
- Oversee technology systems to ensure efficient and secure management and use of data and information
- Support marketing and communications planning and activities
The Operations Manager will support Health by Design's broader efforts including strategic plan implementation, committee and action team activities, events and advocacy.
The Operations Manager will represent Health by Design at partner and funder meetings and events.
The Operations Manager will monitor, track, evaluate and report activities and impact.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for other duties, as assigned.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by July 31.
Questions may be directed to Kim, by email only, email@example.com.