Community and Family Coordinator - Edna Martin Christian Center
- 28-Jun-2021 to 27-Jul-2021
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Community and Family Coordinator will play an integral role in ensuring the Edna Martin Christian Center (EMCC) and KIPP Indy Public Schools (KIPP Indy) have the resources and support to fulfill their missions The Community and Family Coordinator will execute a comprehensive family and community engagement strategy to support student success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Community Coordination
- Coordinate the activities of providers and community partners in delivering programs and services that improve the conditions of learning and help to increase student academic and social-emotional success.
- Attend and participate in the Martindale-Brightwood Education Zone (MBEZ) partner meetings and the KIPP Indy monthly community council meetings.
- Support families in building social capital and finding resources to support their well-being.
- Assist community partners in resolving issues related to service delivery, access and coordination.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a schedule of programs and services in the school.
- Identify new agencies and/or organizations who have resources to help increase academic success, improve the conditions for learning as well as support social-emotional learning.
- Manage all volunteers in the school, develop volunteer opportunities, keep records of volunteer work, and regularly recognize their service to the school.
- Serve as a liaison to the community and attend external meetings, as needed.
- Collaborate with school social workers to refer parents and family members to human service agencies and other resource providers.
- Collect program and service delivery information from providers and partners.
II. Family Engagement
- Collaborate with KIPP Indy to launch and execute family engagement strategy, including a family communication and outreach plan.
- Proactively outreach and engage family and community members to attend MBEZ and KIPP Indy events and meetings
- Collaborate with KIPP Indy leadership to design and develop a family resource center.
- Coordinate family workshops and meetings.
- Collaborate with KIPP Indy regional and school-based leadership to develop a schedule of family programs, events and services that directly support student success
- Maintain records of family engagement activities and collaborate with principals and teachers on family engagement activities.
III. School Collaboration
- Collaborate with KIPP Indy Managing Director of Strategic Partnerships and participate in weekly check-ins and team meetings to maximize results.
- Cultivate strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including students, families, and staff
- Collaborate to foster a culture that supports the school's vision and promotes respect and appreciation for all students, staff, and families
- Develop and execute family engagement initiatives, communications, and events
- Collaborate with operations team on systems related to enrollment, attendance, and student retention, participating in regular team meetings
- Collaborate with the social services team to refer students to additional support services (i.e. health services, counseling services, mentorship programs, etc.), as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or at least 2 years' experience working with children, youth and adults
- Additional consideration for those who speak Spanish
- CULTURALLY COMPENTENT. Able to work with diverse parents and family members.
- RESPECTING COMMUNITY. Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the cultures of the community served.
- DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS. Develops mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships based upon trust, respect, and achievement of common goals.
- Listens attentively. Seeks to understand other's point of view and confirms understanding.
- HIGH EXPECTATIONS. Expresses high expectations for all students, and expresses belief in their potential to complete college and succeed in life
- Takes initiative, going above and beyond typical expectations and making necessary sacrifices to achieve exceptional results.
- Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals.
- FOLLOW THROUGH. Follows through on commitments and promises with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates flexibility when plans or situations change unexpectedly. Effectively adjusts plans to achieve intended outcomes.
- GATHERING INFORMATION. Gathers information from multiple relevant sources and stakeholders when problem-solving.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.