PRN Pharmacist - Damien Center
- 03-Jul-2021 to 01-Aug-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- No Benefits
Damien Pharmacy Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The PRN pharmacist will cover pharmacist days off and other days as needed by the Damien Pharmacy team. The pharmacist is responsible for accurately reviewing and interpreting medication orders; preparing accurate and complete patient profile; reviewing profiles for correct drug, dosage, and route of administration; ensuring that a drug duplication or drug-drug interaction exists; ensuring that patient is not allergic to any medication prescribed. The pharmacist will efficiently perform other professional pharmacy duties including the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution, and control of all drugs. They actively support and participate in pharmacy activities recommended by accreditation agencies and regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Interprets, clarifies, and transcribes all medication orders accurately and timely.
- Documents medication order clarifications.
- Monitors medication orders and reviews patient profile to ensure appropriate drug selection and documents dosage recommendations.
- Advises patients and care providers of potential drug interactions, possible side effects, storage information, and instructions on how to use medications.
- Working knowledge of the Damien Pharmacy dispensing system.
- Becomes familiar with how to utilize the Damien Cares EMR for obtaining patient information when necessary.
- Work with other departments within Damien Cares/Damien Center to ensure patient's needs are being met to provide access to care.
- Oversee the daily activities of pharmacy technicians including verifying their order entries, filling and labeling of medications and any other duties related to completion of a patient's medication order.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state Board of Pharmacy and the Drug Enforcement Administration by maintaining records for controlled substances and storage of controlled substances.
- Dispenses controlled medications and maintains records as required by appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Inventories, orders, and maintains supply of drugs and other pharmacy supply items.
- Receives and store incoming orders, verify quantities against invoices, and reports any shortages.
- Monitoring pharmacy inventory for outdated and damaged drugs and processing returns to approved vendor for credit when possible.
- Transferring prescriptions to or from other pharmacy locations.
- Trains and supervises pharmacy technicians as assigned.
- Ability to operates point of sale system to accept payment from customers.
- Knowledge of options for patient receipt of medication if unable to pick up at pharmacy.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of pharmacy's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of 340B program and procedures of the program as it pertains to pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrates ability to function as a team member in performance improvement review activities.
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities, work independently and cooperatively with others internally and externally.
- Maintains competencies and certifications necessary for administering injections.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by PIC/pharmacy manager.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
BS Pharmacy Degree or a Doctor Pharmacy Degree required. May require additional certifications related to overall operations of Damien Pharmacy. Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with HIV/AIDS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.