Housekeeper/Events Tech - Eiteljorg Museum
- 03-Jul-2021 to 01-Aug-2021
- - Eiteljorg Museum
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Eiteljorg Museum is currently looking for a Housekeeper/Events Technician. This position is full-time with benefits and will assist our housekeeping crew but also fill in for special events such as weddings, receptions, etc. With most special events on the weekends, a flexible schedule is necessary. We are looking for a good communicator with excellent customer service skills, basic computer knowledge and has 2 – 5 years' experience with events and housekeeping operations. The ADA requirements for this Housekeeper/Event Tech include mobility, sight and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Good communication skills. Able to use computer, phone and verbal skills necessary to work with a variety of staff, clients and security personnel
- A minimum of 2-5 years' experience in events operation and housekeeping duties
- Flexible hours with an average work week consisting of 40 Hours or less; flexible hours includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to provide a positive image/appearance to clients/guests during events
- Must contribute to a positive working environment and cooperate with co-workers in a variety of ways
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (tables, chairs, crates etc.) for event setup and tear down as well as housekeeping duties
- Must have basic knowledge and aptitude working with audio visual equipment for events, both in-house and rental. This includes but is not limited to sound systems, microphones, projectors, CD & DVD players and podiums.
- Must have knowledge of operating housekeeping industrial, commercial equipment.
1. Maintain the cleanliness of the Museum and Museum property and work under the direction of the Senior Housekeeper.
- Clean and stock museum restrooms when needed.
- Work assigned areas of the museum and accept responsibility for the cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the employee breakroom.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the administrative offices and boardrooms.
- Dust mop galleries and clean tops of bonnets when instructed to.
2. Assist the events manager for ensuring that rental events are properly set up, maintained and torn down for rental or in house events:
- Meet on a regular basis with events manager to coordinate needs for events. See to it that set up are done per diagrams, instructions or client's needs.
- Provide check list of all in house linens, tables, chairs, audio visual and other equipment and as well as those items needing repair.
- See that all museum exterior spaces such as walks, trash cans, terrace, courtyards etc. are cleaned and ready for daily operations.
- See that all interior spaces such as restrooms, floors, and trash containers are cleaned, stocked for daily operations.
- Work with catering contractors prior to and during set up of events to see that all work is done properly and on time.
- Work with catering contractors after events to see that all spaces are cleaned, trash and debris are removed before leaving the site and are ready for the next day's activities.
- Maintain upkeep of rental spaces/ public areas during operational hours and throughout the time of scheduled events. This includes exterior walks, exterior terraces, interior and exterior windows (where possible), interior and exterior trash etc. and interior care of restrooms, spills, etc.
- Provide a professional appearance during events while representing the museum.
- Stay on post for needs of clients if not doing assigned task
- Maintain contact throughout the event with catering captain and event manager
- Prepare spaces for next day's rentals when scheduled
3. Provide input on events set up, needs, times and issues with events manager. Reports issues to events manager and VP of Operations, Safety & Security
- Keep written accounts of all linens including those needing laundered, tables and chairs used by the museum, including those needing work as well as rental equipment.
- Work as a housekeeping staff with other facilities housekeepers
- Work on other projects as assigned
- Work on special events such as Indian Market & Festival and Quest for the West
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.