Program and Events Coordinator - Midtown Indy
- 03-Jul-2021 to 02-Aug-2021
- - Midtown Indianapolis, INC.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Retirement Benefits Available.
Midtown Indy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community service organization committed to cultivating an equitable, healthy, and sustainable community in which stakeholders of all incomes, races, and ethnicities have access to the opportunities, services, and amenities they need to thrive. We bring
individuals, neighborhood associations, businesses and cultural organizations together to encourage collaborative initiatives that result in a more equitable, healthy, and sustainable district.
About the Position:
The Program & Events Coordinator is a key member of the Midtown Indy team and works collaboratively with a broad base of partner organizations and Midtown area stakeholders. This position provides vital program and operational support including: communication, public engagement, event planning, business development, and core office operations in fulfillment of the mission of Midtown Indy. Reports to Executive Director and Program and Engagement Manager.
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, political science, communications, journalism, marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in marketing, community engagement, urban planning, and/or communications. Strong background/experience in event planning and management;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, and Constant Contact;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; proficient with AP Style
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines;
- Professional social media proficiency;
- Demonstrated project and time management skills;
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and/or eTapestry (Or similar donor/record management software), preferred;
- A clear understanding and passion for the mission of Midtown Indy.
- Professionally represent the organization in all internal and external meetings and communications;
- Cultivate knowledge and networks by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional & news publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in mission related efforts by others;
- Accomplish goals by accepting ownership for completing assignments with a focus on product quality, customer service, and timely/effective communication;
- In all work produced, demonstrate a commitment to the mission and goals of Midtown, Inc., its programs, services, and events;
- Maintain schedule flexibility as needed and regularly coordinate with Executive Director to balance weekday work requirements with evening and weekend programs;
- Advocate for, policy, program, and process improvements wherever they can be made.
- Create, edit, and publish content for the organization's print publications, email newsletters, Web site, social media accounts, and assigned programming events;
- Prepare and present PowerPoint and other forms of promotional presentations;
- Participate in assigned program and organizational meetings.
- Keep all program collateral materials inventory for assigned programs and project current by coordinating requirements with outside vendors, volunteers, and the Executive Director. Place orders as needed;
Community Builder & Event Support:
- Cultivate and maintain community based relationships with stakeholders in all assigned Midtown program and project service areas;
- Recruit and manage volunteers, as needed;
- Plan and coordinate assigned programs and events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establish contacts, develop schedules, manage assignments, and provide effective communication;
- Maintain and communicate all agency event/meeting calendars;
- Attend, provide staff support, and maintain records for all assigned, Board, event, and community meetings.
- Maintain new and existing donor records from all sources using eTapestry;
- Gift entry, gift acknowledgement generation and distribution;
- Generate periodic reports on fundraising performance;
- Maintain a calendar for funder application and reporting requirements, per grant guidelines;
- Manage "Midtown Investor" series account renewals, invoices, and acknowledgements;
- Process vendor invoices, and secure all necessary payment support documents;
- Establish and maintain regular office hours at Midtown's office;
- Answer/return phone, voicemail, U.S. mail, email, web and other inquiries in timely manner;
- Provide scheduling support for the Executive Director and assigned programs;
Maintain Midtown's filing systems including both paper and electronic.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by July 16.