Senior Angels Program Coordinator - Edna Martin Christian Center
- 03-Jul-2021 to 01-Aug-2021
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $35,000-45,000; based on experience
- Full Time
The Senior Angels Program Coordinator is a position leading the Seniors Angels Program at EMCC's Leadership and Legacy Center. The position is part-time, year-round. Programs engaged at the Campus include year round out of school time learning opportunities for school aged youth and year round senior programming via the EMCC Senior Angels Program. Through our intergenerational model, EMCC incorporates civic responsibility and service learning to our annual programmatic activities, which include social capital and volunteer opportunities, trips and various other social and quality of life affirming activities for all participants. This position also includes responsibilities to assist with upkeep of the facilities and property of EMCC Leadership and Legacy Campus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Perform regular program and partner coordination work with the Senior Angels program throughout the week; Program primarily meets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
● Administration primarily for the Senior Angels Program, including registering new members, maintaining EMCC data management systems, coordinating transportation, etc.
● Assist CICOA staff with monthly commodity box distribution
● Plan and facilitate monthly meetings with senior council
● Coordinate once-monthly shopping trips with members according to availability
● Develop, coordinate and implement programs, services and special events and activities as directed by the VP of Programs.
● Solicit and coordinate donation requests and sponsors for senior activities
● Work closely with the Finance Office to maintain budget allocations for annual programming
● Submit plans for each new program, services, or activity to the VP of Programming for consultation and approval. Recommend programmatic changes. Monitor for client satisfaction.
● Coordinate implementation of events; make all necessary arrangements and confirmations. Recruit guest speakers, activity leaders, instructors, and entertainers.
● Submit a current monthly schedule of all activities and special events to the VP of Programming no later than the 30th of each month for the following month.
● Prepare monthly newsletter and promotional announcements to inform the community of all Senior Angels activities, programs and services.
● Recruit, schedule and supervise volunteers who are assisting with events and activities.
● Perform other related duties as required, or as the situation dictates
Complexity of Work:
Within the scope of the job, it requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment, and adapt to change quickly.
Personal Protective Equipment:
● Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
● Valid Driver's License and have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, as demonstrated by good driving record
● Current First Aid/CPR/AED training; training will be provided by EMCC upon hire
● Approved Federal Fingerprint screening and negative drug screening as required by the State of Indiana
● Minimum of High School Diploma
● 2-5 years experience in Senior Citizen program engagement
● Computer literate
● Excellent verbal communication skills and clear writing skills.
● Knowledge and ability to facilitate growth of the program
● Respect, patience and love for Senior Citizens
● Disposition to work positively within a team environment
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume