Coordinator - Registration, Ticketing and Customer Service - 500 Festival
- 03-Jul-2021 to 22-Jul-2021
- - 500 Festival
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The 500 Festival, an Indianapolis based non-profit corporation, produces nearly 50 annual events and programs reaching over 500,000 people and creating a $20 million positive financial impact on the city of Indianapolis. The organization originated in 1957 as a community led initiative to celebrate and support the Indianapolis 500 race. The mission of the 500 Festival is to produce life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500® and fostering positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana.
Events and programs include the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, AES 500 Festival Parade, Salesforce and JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids' Day & Rookie Run, Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc. Miler Series Presented by OrthoIndy, the 500 Festival KidsFit program and many more.
The 500 Festival is currently seeking Coordinator – Registration, Ticketing and Customer Service.
This position reports directly to the Registration, Ticketing & Customer Service Senior Manager and will serve as the coordinator for the registration system, ticketing system and fund raising system as well as front desk oversight.
Job responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Facilitate service aspects related to registrations and ticket sales including operational, fulfillment, reporting, seeding, reconciliation, etc.
- Act as the registration, ticketing and customer service primary point of contact throughout the year
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of registration and ticketing systems
- Serve as point of contact for groups, elite athletes, large registrations & group ticket buyers
- Management / point person for 500 Festival ambassador program
- Lead the 500 Festival expo research, attendance and expo staffing, with support of others
- Work with marketing department regarding registration and ticketing marketing needs/efforts
- Manage college wellness challenge, including discount process
- Oversight of the front desk (June – Dec) and oversee intern staffing (Jan – May)
- Onsite event set up, tear down and day of support, as needed
- Data extraction and reporting for other departments within the organization such as marketing, operations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, database management, sports management or a related field is preferred
- Ticketing and database experience preferred
- Strong reconciliation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
- Capacity to function in a high pressure environment both as part of a team and on an independent basis
- Self-motivated with strong time management, organization, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for customer service and helping people
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings and weekends as needed during event season
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
The 500 Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. No relocation assistance provided.