Administrative Assistant - Riley Children’s Foundation
- 05-Jul-2021 to 03-Aug-2021
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Manager, Donor Engagement, providing administrative and project support for Donor Engagement initiatives. Primary to this position is a sense of urgency in carrying out detailed tasks in a highly organized manner. The Donor Engagement team oversees the gift acknowledgment process, donor recognition, donor reporting, and strategic engagement. This team works very closely with the fundraising, communications and finance staff to ensure stewardship and impact reporting for leadership and major gift donors is completed in a timely and accurate manner, with the goal to enhance donor engagement with Riley Children's Foundation.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform the functions and responsibilities listed below in a fully satisfactory manner. The list is not exhaustive; other duties may be assigned. The organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions and responsibilities.
1. Organizational, Administrative and Secretarial Support
• Support: This includes a variety of special projects and detail-oriented tasks such as documenting stewardship reporting, enhancing and updating processes in support of donor engagement and stewardship activities, high level donor letters and reports, pledge reminders, lectureships, Riley Social Services reporting and quarterly donor reporting. This role will be responsible for managing Daily Acknowledgement Reporting, which requires a high level of attention to detail and collaboration with teams across the Foundation.
• Database: Support prospect database entry and updating records accordingly.
• Communications: Provide support for mailing list requests for all Donor Engagement activities; ensuring lists are accurate, delivered in a timely manner and documented.
• Special events: Provide special event support as requested. Contact families for special events as assigned.
• Systems and workplace effectiveness: Continuously think of ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work. Implement at least one new efficiency measure annually. Identify "systems" to support the team. Establish, review and revise written procedures as needed.
• Filing: Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing for Donor Engagement team.
2. Meeting and Event Coordination
• Meeting coordination: Use Foundation tools to support meetings with set-up, agenda, note-taking and follow-up as requested.
• Event coordination: As needed, support events through logistics, ordering and other assigned tasks.
3. Customer Service
• Responsive: Answer and respond to telephone calls, overflow calls, information requests and customer service within 24 hours.
• Appointments: Place third-party calls to set up meetings. Schedule volunteers and families for events as needed. Assist with donor engagement calls as requested.
• Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
• Budget: Work with your direct manager to develop, manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
• Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at the Riley Children's Foundation.
• Compliance: Ensures strict compliance with bylaws, federal laws and regulations governing 501(c)(3) transactions, donor expectations and agreements and with Riley Children's Foundation Board of Governors' policies and procedures.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
• Riley Children's Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation Events as requested. Some after hours and weekend commitments occasionally required.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Prefer bachelor's degree.
• Experience: Two to five years of responsible administrative experience, preferably in a development or sales environment.
• Skills: Highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Solid relationship-building. Sensitivity to needs of donors. Problem-solving, research and analytical skills. Attention to detail and organization is a must. Strong information gathering and writing skills to be able to complete correspondence, provide accurate information and respond to questions from donors, physicians, granting organizations and other entities. Ability to work with minimal supervision, taking responsibility for moving tasks forward. Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information. Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a key focus on Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with SharePoint is a plus. Proficiency in use of constituent databases.
• Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work independently under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Creative and resourceful. Inquisitive and sharp-minded, coupled with demonstrated aptitude for strategic donor or customer experience strategy. Self-motivating and self-starting. Ability to take quiet pride in one's work. Perseverance. Highly energetic. Optimistic and positive. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.