Business Manager - Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
- 06-Jul-2021 to 04-Aug-2021
- - Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitates financial management procedures and parish policies that create and maintain an office of maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages receivables for all postings and deposits ensuring proper recording to the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Manages payables for all accounts, including payroll as well as payments via bill.com, check, or other authorized transaction ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained to authorize payables and properly record.
- Effectively monitors budget compliance for services, supplies, and equipment.
- Reconcile statements for all accounts monthly and annually allowing for timely preparation of monthly financial statements by accountant.
- Maintain and manage records with Archdiocese, Metropolis, and outside entities such as banks, payroll service, and insurance agencies. Ensure timely updates for council member and officer transitions.
- Maintain contracts and payment records for all vendors and personnel to ensure payment documentations are in place to process W-2s and Form1099s with oversight by accountant.
- Manages employee employment, insurance, PTO, and benefits records. Ensures documents are filed and retained as appropriate.
- Ensures all federal and state tax filings, permits, and licenses are completed in a timely manner independently or with oversight by accountant depending on circumstance. This includes Business Entity, Property Tax, Raffle license and reporting.
- Prepare financial reports, giving reports, and additional ad hoc reports from database for use by Parish Council, Finance Committee, Stewardship Committee, and General Assembly Meetings per standard schedule or as requested by Presiding Priest.
- Assist with annual budget preparation for review and approval by Parish Council and General Assembly.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of giving in database (REALM) including tracking stewardship commitments and contributions appropriately. Prepare reports from database to acknowledge all gifts including stewardship pledges, memorial gifts, holiday offerings, and any other charitable giving on a weekly basis or as directed by the Presiding Priest.
- Oversee preparation and mailing of stewardship reports (quarterly and year-end) to parishioners.
- Support Parish Financial Review Committee and outside CPA firm with their work through answering questions and providing any information or reports as requested.
- Assures all financial files requiring security are maintained in a secure and confidential manner at all times.
- · Coordinates activity with service providers/vendors for office equipment including computers and IT needs, copy machines, postage, etc.
- Manage all event contracts and coordinate event team for space rentals.
ASSOCIATED JOB DUTIES:
- Manage Key and Electronic FOB inventory for building access.
- Assist with building and ground issues, large mailings, deliveries, and incoming phone calls, and email inquiries as needed.
- Manages all payables and record keeping for the annual festival
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE TYPICALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH:
- Proficiency with reporting, bookkeeping, and church donor database software, preferred
- MOS certification preferred – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access
- Database experience in church or donor software systems preferred
- Frequent contact with parishioners, visiting clergy, and general public.
- Maintains parishioner confidentiality
SPECIAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
- Mentally capable of processing information quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing situations and/or workloads.
- Proactively contributes to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Indianapolis.
- Instills and exhibits a welcoming environment for all parishioners, guests and callers.
- Exercises good judgment and exemplifies a professional presence and calm demeanor when dealing with all issues and situations.
- Maintains a level of reliability and stability within the Parish office, particularly during periods of clergy absence.
- Most duties performed in a typical office environment.
- May be required to attend meetings or perform work remotely.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.