Membership & Database Coordinator (Part-time) - Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity
- 12-Jul-2021 to 06-Aug-2021
- - Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Alpha Chi Sigma is a non-profit organization. Following the original concept for a fraternity as an academic organization, we are the only professional chemistry fraternity. Alpha Chi Sigma has more than 78,000 members; we bring together men and women pursuing a wide variety of chemistry-related careers.
Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity seeks to employ a part-time Membership & Database Coordinator to support day-to-day implementation of the Fraternity's operations. This person will report to the Assistant Director of Fraternity Operations and will work directly with the Fraternity members, volunteers, and board. The hours and scheduling are flexible. The position would generally be around 20 hours per week. Possibly more or less depending on workload.
This position is involved in every step of the pledge and initiation process for our members. This job includes processing all membership information and paperwork including new members, initiations, member transfers, status changes upon graduation, and chapter rosters. The ability to handle multiple projects at the same time is crucial. Processing payments in Blackbaud's NetCommunity and entering payments into QuickBooks is also included.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented and thorough. A forward-thinking individual with the ability to think on their feet is crucial. This individual need to be a self-motivated, self-starter and capable of working independently as well as with others.
In addition to being organized and analytical, this person must possess strong business judgement and communication skills which are needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions from college students all the way up to board members.
This position will ideally begin training and employment on or around August 16th.
- Enter all pledge report forms into Raisers Edge.
- Confirm professional candidate forms.
- Update pledge and initiate log and maintain log uploaded daily to our website.
- Send instructional emails to new members and Chapter officers.
- Follow up with Chapters to ensure the National Office has received all documents and reports.
- Shipping small items periodically as needed.
- Create invoices and apply payments received in QuickBooks online.
- Maintain contact with Chapters to answer questions, follow-up on issues, handle special circumstances, and keep tabs on chapters/pledge classes that may need extra support.
- Track and manage awards.
- Process reports and requests.
- Maintain the Fraternity's reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring and prudent management of member information.
- Provide ideas and suggestions, opinions and information in an articulate, professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as necessary when assigned.
- Membership in a Sorority or Fraternity is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, mail merge, etc.). Excel is used daily, so proficiency with Excel is crucial.
- Proficiency with G-Suite is a plus.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of how databases work – experience in Blackbaud's Raisers Edge, and NetCommunity is a plus. Those with Raiser's Edge experience are highly preferred.
- This position requires strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must possess highly developed multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize and plan ahead.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple Chapters all at different points in the process and be able to keep up with multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently as well as a member of the team.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in constituent records.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgement in dealing with confidential information.
- Aptitude for learning about the Greek industry, our principles and practices and the ability to maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Creativity in problem solving, high energy level and enthusiasm
- Strong work ethic is vital.
Employees at Alpha Chi Sigma are subject to a drug screen, criminal background check, and employment history verification as a condition of employment. Personal and Professional references are required. This is a small office environment and proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required.
- Associate or higher or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite: 2+ year, Strong Excel skills are required
- Raiser's Edge: 3+ year, or similar database experience
- Customer Service: 1+ year, Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- QuickBooks online: 1+ year
- G-Suite, including G-mail: 1+ year
Formsite Online Form Builder: 1+ year, or equivalent online form builder experience is a plus
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.