Education Program Specialist - Indiana Latino Institute
- 08-Jul-2021 to 06-Aug-2021
- - Indiana Latino Institute, Inc. (ILI)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package
ILI's mission is to improve health and advance education for the Indiana Latino community through statewide advocacy, research, and culturally responsive programs.
Our vision is to be the source of authority and catalyst for change in all aspects of Health and Education that affect the Indiana Latino Community.
EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST
The Education Specialist works directly with participants using an individual action plan to increase retention and completion in for Latino high school students and non-traditional students. The Education Specialist assists in other areas of the overall components of the Education Program.
The ideal candidate for the Education Specialist will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with case management, higher education with student support services, working collaboratively with community-based organizations and diverse communities, and managing and conducting community education and outreach
- Two years or more of experience working with adolescents and young adults
- Knowledgeable on financial aid and professional development opportunities for high school and college students (FAFSA eligible, DACA, undocumented)
- Strong skills in planning, delegation, critical thinking and organization
- Non-profit work experience preferred
- •Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Requisite Candidate Traits
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with a disparate set of individuals, both internally and externally while representing the organization
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Works well independently and/or in a group
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task; prioritize competing projects and assignments
- Interested in eliminating education disparities in the Indiana Latino Community
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook and can manage change
- Demonstrates the ability to take the initiative on developing creative and innovative methods for outreach.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in education, higher education, social work or related field such as youth services
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and essential skills for this position include:
- Implement all aspects of the College Access Program
- Recruit participants for Scholarship and Internship Programs
- Meet with students to conduct initial assessments and create action plans; conduct ongoing follow up meetings in person/virtual and home visits as needed
- Provide students with information to assist with access to educational and career resources
- Partner with universities/colleges administrators to promote the ILI Education Programs
- Organize and execute workshops for students
- Engage all program participants to effectively build a connection with the organization
- Represent ILI at community and education events
- Complete educational presentations to college/universities, organizations, and other Latino serving institutions
- Assist with planning of annual Indiana Latino Education Summit and College and Career Fair
- Maintain adequate safeguards for privacy and confidentiality of participants' information.
- Assist President & CEO with the completion of grant reports
- Assist President & CEO by providing creative approaches to promoting and facilitation of program initiatives and events
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Marlene Dotson.