Executive Assistant - Indiana Latino Institute
- 08-Jul-2021 to 06-Aug-2021
- - Indiana Latino Institute, Inc. (ILI)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package
Our mission is to improve health and advance education for the Indiana Latino community through statewide advocacy, research, and culturally responsive programs.
Our vision is to be the source of authority and a catalyst for change in all aspects of Health and Education that affect the Indiana Latino Community.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO and the organization's office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- High School degree or Associate's degree
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, and donors.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to- day engagements.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with board, staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO's needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Manage all aspects of organization's office services. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase
- equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
- Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Assist with internal bookkeeping.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Marlene Dotson.