Project Manager, Real Estate Development - Near North Development Corporation
- 08-Jul-2021 to 06-Aug-2021
- - Near North Development Corporation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $60,000-75,000 salary, based experience and qualifications.
- Full Time
- Annual bonus, pension plan w/ employer contributions, reimbursement of health insurance premiums & out of-pocket expenses, and PTO starting at 5 weeks annually for new hires. Company-provided cell phone and laptop, and flexible remote/in-office work arrangements.
New, full-time position with a high-performing community non-profit, responsible for leading the organization's multi-family housing & mixed-use real estate development activities, including two such projects (totaling 200+ units, 10k sqf of commercial space, and $35m in investment) already in the pipeline for development over the course of 2021-2024.
Primary activities of the position will include:
- Tracking local market data & development activity;
- Identifying potential development opportunities, conducting project due diligence and feasibility analysis;
- Structuring project financing, creating and managing projects budgets;
- Preparing project proposals, reports, RFPs, and funding applications;
- Property acquisition, disposition and asset management;
- Creating and managing project schedules, workflows, and progress reporting;
- Coordinating and providing oversight of project-related professional services and service providers (i.e. architecture, engineering, construction management, environmental, legal, accounting, property management)
This position will also:
- Work closely with the Grants & Compliance Manager to ensure regulatory and funding-related compliance throughout project implementation and operations;
- Participate with the Communications & Outreach Manager in project-specific marketing and promotions; and
- Play a key role in creation/implementation of a number of development-related initiatives, including a Community Land Trust, TIF District, and Economic Improvement District.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in affordable housing & real estate development, with preference given to those whose experience includes work in the non-profit/public-sector aena;
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, finance, urban planning, or other directly related field, with preference given to those with an advanced degree or professional certification(s);
- Proficiency with full MS Office suite, MS Project or real estate PM software, and MS Teams platform.
- Strong financial acumen, robust critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, a predisposition for action and results, a penchant for organization, and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, résumé, three (3) professional references, and salary history to Michael Osborne, President.
No phone calls please.