Teen Center Coordinator (part-time) - Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville
- 08-Jul-2021 to 06-Sep-2021
- - Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $14-$16 Hourly Rate
- Part Time
The Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville (BGCN) has provided opportunities for youth to enjoy activities and experiences that shape character since 1951. Serving youth from kindergarten to 12th grade, BGCN provides positive and engaging programs that enrich the lives of a diverse group of members. Last year, the BGCN served 2,306 members. No one was turned away because they could not pay the membership fee. Between the Tom & Soni Sheehan Club, the Community Center, and Camp Crosser, we provide opportunities for children and teens to enjoy activities and experiences that help shape character and offer new perspectives.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of principles related to: youth development, leadership development, human resource management, program and service management, facilities management, partnership development, and public relations
- Must have a High School Diploma and be 21 years or older.
- Minimum of two years' experience preferred in a Boys & Girls Club or similar youth organization including management, supervision, and program development.
- Must be able to work at least 35 hours per week and weekends at times.
- Must be able to work evenings.
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs such as Social Recreation, Physical Education, Character and Leadership, Arts & Crafts and Health and Life skills. Teen Center Coordinator plans, develops, evaluates, and oversees implementation and supervision of programs. They are to hire, train, manage and evaluate youth development staff for their area.
Prepare Youth For Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Teen Center programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes;
- Establish Teen Center program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission
- Oversee the provision of day to day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/ activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
- Demonstrate leadership to assure appropriate conduct, safety and development of members.
- Maintain a positive and supportive environment for all ages 5 to 18yrs old regardless of race, sex, ability or socio-economic background.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Teen Center program goals and settings that insure the health, physical, and emotional safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and the club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of the Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/ activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity
- Maintain a safe environment by; providing age appropriate, cultural and gender sensitive, single-sex, co-ed, competitive, and cooperative games; encouraging positive peer relations; maintaining all equipment; knowing and practicing emergency procedures; knowing your closest emergency exit; and keeping the room neat and organized.
- Know and understand the program goals, objectives, activities, budgets, and supply needs for all programs.
- Responsible for program recruitment (written/verbal), implementation, motivation of youth and evaluation by youth.
- Report all incidents involving physical fights, injury to a child, and signs of physical or sexual abuse to your supervisor immediately.
- Help to plan and participate in special events and field trips as they occur.
- Implement high-yield activities and contests that are fun and exciting.
- Plan large-group activities that maximize participation levels.
- Focus on infusion fun into all aspects of the club program to keep kids engaged.
- Plan "spontaneous" activities to keep things interesting and exciting for the members.
- Work with Staff to make sure they are engaging and building relationships with youth so that members feel connected
Teen Center Coordinator
- Along with Branch Director; hire, train and assist in scheduling program staff you are assigned. Conduct job performance review and monthly staff meeting alongside the Branch Director.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/ issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
- Complete youth activity sheets daily (Kidtrax entries) and turn them into your supervisor. Also manage your Program staffs Kidtrax entries and daily numbers.
- Responsible for purchasing needed resources and material for your program areas. Any purchases over $100 need to be approved by the Branch Director.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through social media, mailings, fliers and media releases.
- May oversee special programs and/ or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/ or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- Will be required to transport children by driving Club vehicles
- Will be responsible for shut down procedures and maintain a clean facility.
- Monitor the behavior and interactions of Club members in the assigned area.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume.