Associate Director, Policy and Technical Assistance - EmployIndy
- 08-Jul-2021 to 06-Aug-2021
- - EmployIndy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k and generous PTO. Great leadership and company culture.
The Associate Director of Policy and Technical Guidance is responsible for supporting the EmployIndy Ecosystem with resources, best practices, and research to be used for training and reference by service providers, partner organizations, and internal EmployIndy staff. This includes assisting with the creation and cataloguing of external procedures and technical guidance, researching policy and regulations and working within the organization to implement effectively, and strategizing around the organization and connections between different departmental procedures.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Work with the Associate Director of Performance Improvement and Associate Director of Learning to develop training materials and resource documents to address gaps in current provider and partner resources.
• Maintain and develop EmployIndy's Resource Library, including cataloguing technical guidance, best practices, and regulatory documents from a variety of sources.
• Work cross-functionally across the EmployIndy organization and alongside the Director of Systems Integration to ensure that external procedures and practices are properly documented, consistent, interconnected, and responsive across departments, and organized and accessible within the Resource Library.
• Assist the Senior Director of Ecosystem Advancement in policy updates, development and implementation.
• Manage Change: Must be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Must be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Must be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and team work.
• Achieve Results: Must be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Must be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience
• Prefer a Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of five years on the job experience.
• Experience in developing organizational procedures, as well as policy research and/or policy drafting.
• Experience working in a dynamic and complex organization with multiple funding streams.
• Experience with workforce development programs, Workforce Investment Act or Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act legislation, or other related fields of experience.
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and methodology of statutes, regulations, and policies involving workforce development
• Knowledge of publicly funded workforce programs, OMB Circulars, Fund and Accrual Accounting and GAAP, including A-133 audits
• Ability to communicate complex theories and principles to a broad spectrum, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to maintain cooperative work relationships
• Close attention to detail coupled with the ability to exercise good judgment
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Proactive nature; able to anticipate conflicts before they arise
• Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively allocate and prioritize time to several tasks to ensure completion of all
• Moderate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.