Development Manager - JDRF
- 12-Jul-2021 to 10-Aug-2021
- - JDRF
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF's goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people's lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide.
For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Manager is an integral member of the staff team, working closely with all chapter staff to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising, chapter operations, and community engagement. The Development Manager manages, evaluates, and expands cultivation opportunities and communications, that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and executes a robust new family acquisition plan. This position will help oversee various event activities, as well as provide outreach and education support. He or she organizes and executes select administrative components of chapter operations that support the donor giving cycle, from qualification to stewardship.
- Serves as a key staff member in implementing the chapter's Community Engagement program as well as the Bag of Hope program.
- Collaborates with local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter's growth and success.
- Helps develop and implement new family acquisition, train and coach outreach volunteers and ultimately introduce new families to chapter events and the donor cycle.
- Identifies, builds, and stewards relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor engagement.
- Assist with all chapter operations including administrative support and management of the CRM database including CRM updates, duplications, and reports.
- Strategically and consistently utilizes CRM data management tool to maximize efficient and effective moves management of donor pipeline.
- Assists with event planning and execution for the area, including Walk, family engagement events and volunteer-led third-party activities as well as volunteer recruitment and retention efforts.
- Oversees assigned community engagement activities and helps establish strategic alliances with community organizations and healthcare providers in chapter territory.
- Ensures personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- 4 years of work experience including 2+ years fundraising or relevant business/volunteer experience.
- Strong CRM database knowledge, Salesforce preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to collaborate as a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to create and manage process that enhances efficiency of staff work while allowing for donor centricity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented.
- Familiarity with outreach activities preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel within the chapter footprint. Occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.