Program Manager, LatinX HIV Prevention Program – Damien Center
- 12-Jul-2021 to 10-Aug-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The LatinX HIV Prevention Program Manager will use strong leadership skills to coordinate an effort to engage and serve the focus population of LatinX men who have sex with men (MSM) with HIV treatment and prevention services. This position will establish and maintain relationships and trust with community leaders and organizations serve the focus population. The Program Manager will engage stakeholders to understand and serve the needs of the focus population. Communication and collaboration with other Damien programs and staff will also be crucial to the success of this role and the program overall.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Develop and implement stakeholder-informed strategies to engage Latino MSM in Damien services.
- Understand community needs and systems available to address and overcome barriers to services.
- Develop policies, procedures, and job manuals related to the LatinX HIV Prevention Program.
- Ensure the successful completion of grant deliverables, reporting, and timely documentation of program activities.
- Coordinate community events, one-on-one targeted outreach, in-person visits and/or phone calls as appropriate to facilitate services and fulfill client needs.
- Facilitate the provision of training and capacity building for LatinX HIV Prevention Program team members.
- Establish relationships and partnerships with community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, businesses, correctional facilities, and coalitions for the purpose of engaging Latino MSM with HIV treatment and prevention services.
- Create effective referral processes for program participants and clients to be connected with other services of Damien Center or other external organizations and partners.
- Ensure program expenditures are eligible per the grant and maintain program budgets.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of staff who will work directly under the LatinX HIV Prevention Program.
- Supervise a team of 5-6 people with a wide range of skillsets and job responsibilities.
- Coordinate interdepartmental collaboration to better achieve the goals of the LatinX Prevention Program.
- Exhibit willingness to work non-traditional hours.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of the HIV treatment and prevention resources available in Central Indiana.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of marketing campaigns aimed at engaging the focus population in HIV treatment and prevention services.
- Continually improve program outcomes through quality improvement and data-informed programming.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. Experience managing programs and staff required. Bilingual in Spanish/English required. Experience working with the focus population is preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.