Donor Relations Coordinator -Indianapolis Zoo
- 12-Jul-2021 to 02-Aug-2021
- - Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 403(b) Retirement Plan, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Immediate Paid Holidays, and a complimentary Zoo membership for employees
The Indianapolis Zoo is looking for the ideal candidate to join its advancement team! If you are an organized, detailed, professional possessing flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills, then the position of Donor Relations Coordinator might be right for you!
During the last half-century, the Indianapolis Zoo developed into a global leader in animal conservation and one of the top tourist destinations in Indiana, welcoming more than one million visitors annually. As the largest zoo in the country that receives no direct tax funding, our fundraising team plays an integral role in our organization's success. These talented and dedicated professionals support the Zoo's efforts to save wild things and wild places around the world and close to home.
The Indianapolis Zoo is seeking a Donor Relations Coordinator to participate as a key member of its advancement team. The Donor Relations Coordinator plays an integral role within the Institutional Advancement team. This position is not only responsible for all facets of donor acknowledgment and gift processing, but also provides administrative support to the Director of Institutional Advancement and participates in Zoo fundraising events. The Donor Relations Coordinator will help provide the tactical implementation for the Indianapolis Zoo's capital campaign. This candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Advancement in and will be required to interface with Zoo staff, volunteers and donors on a regular basis.
Ideal candidates will support the Zoo's mission to inspire people and care for our world. A high school diploma is required, post-secondary education is preferred with a bachelor's degree in fundraising or another related field. The successful candidate will possess at least one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience working in an office environment and a supportive role, donors relations a plus. Strong problem- solving skills and organizational skills are vital to this position. This is a full time, 40 hours per week, position that will require flexibility as some evening, holiday, and overtime shifts may be required.
Requirements and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receives and processes all charitable donations, sponsorships, pledges, other gifts and special events revenue.
- Maintains a secure database in Raiser's Edge of donor information, including documentation of all gifts and pledges.
- Oversees proper acknowledgement, including appropriate tax information, of all charitable donations.
- Manages the honor and memorial recognition program as well as the Animal Amigo fundraising program.
- Prepares reports, donor packets, mailings, event materials, etc.
- Provides administrative support to the Director and other team members as assigned.
- Contributes to other aspects of donor relations as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Accurate, attention to detail, and follow-through mandatory.
- Ability to multi-task, handle high pressure situations, and meet tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word. Intermediate and competent user of Raiser's Edge preferred;
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment testing including a criminal history and driving record check, and a drug test.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Aug 2.
- Interested candidates MUST include a resumé, cover letter, and salary requirements.
The Indianapolis Zoo is proud to be a Drug-Free/ Smoke-Free/ Child Safe/ Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Work Environment.