Administrative Assistant – Wheeler Mission
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - Wheeler Mission Ministries
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The administrative assistant is responsible for multiple activities that support the life of Wheeler Mission – including administration and assistance with communications. This is a full-time position. In addition to other responsibilities, the office administrator is the "face of" Wheeler Mission" creating a welcoming environment for those visiting and reaching out to our ministry. The person in this position must be spiritually mature and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our mission, vision, and core values.
The administrative assistant performs duties related to HR processes, provides support to all staff, as required. As the "gatekeeper", this individual will be the first impression for guests and callers and should always have the "service with a smile attitude". Daily tasks require a high level of consistency while demonstrating a positive attitude and great customer service. High-level of confidentiality is a must.
Wheeler Mission (WM) is a privately funded 501 (c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry whose designated purpose is religious. We are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. Wheeler Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of Wheeler Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed. Employees are encouraged and expected to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must have a minimum of one year's Administrative Assistant experience.
- Above average knowledge with Microsoft products, Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include organizational skills.
- Is a self-starter; good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately according to Wheeler Mission Policies.
- Must value diversity and exhibit a collaborative style that empowers, mentors, and fosters a cohesive team environment.
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Greets visitors and answers phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Opens and closes the lobby for each business day during administration hours which are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Answers phone calls giving general ministry information, screening calls for staff members, and transferring calls to appropriate contact.
- Verifies if a guest should enter the building by using the intercom system, greets them with joy and respect, and directs them to proper offices or meeting rooms.
- Signs for packages as well as collect and sort all mail for employees.
- Must ensure the front desk work area is always secure.
- File and maintain files to ensure all associate files are accurate, neat, and in full compliance with Federal, State, and company requirements.
- Participate in the New Hire Orientation Program.
- Maintain office cleanliness and organization of supplies, files, books, binders etc.
- Coordinate monthly communication with birthdays.
- Assists with folding and stuffing donor mailings.
- Monitors private parking lot and reports unauthorized vehicles.
- Performs HR related duties, tasks and special projects as assigned by the Director of HR.
- Always be a friendly, helping hand to staff, guests, and visitors.
- Must agree with Wheeler Mission's Code of Conduct, Core Values, Statement of Faith, and actively practice their faith.
- Front Desk Administration Building in normal office conditions.
- Must be able to work in a diverse environment.
Must be able to sit for long period of time. Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift 25lbs. repeatedly.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Background Investigation and Drug Testing:
- After a "conditional offer of employment" is made, the individual must pass a background investigation which includes a consumer credit investigative report.
- Wheeler Mission Ministries has a mandatory drug testing policy for all new employees. The successful applicant must submit to and pass a drug and/or alcohol test. This drug and/or alcohol testing may occur any time after the applicant receives a conditional offer of employment. All employees must sign and adhere to WM Drugs and Alcohol policy and remain free from addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Statement of Conflict of Interest/Confidentiality
This position requires the incumbent to sign a confidentiality statement annually.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time 40-hour per week position. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.