IEAZ – Youth Services Project Manager - John H. Boner Community Center
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - John Boner Neighborhood Centers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The John H. Boner Community Center inspires neighbors and partners to improve the quality of life on the Near Eastside by providing tools for change and growth.
Position Goal to Support Mission:
Increase capacity of Youth Services Department. Supporting project and infrastructure development and project implementation.
The IndyEast Achievement Zone Initiative (IEAZI) is the result of community-driven, long-range planning efforts focused on transforming the neighborhoods east of downtown Indianapolis. Once thought of as neighborhoods of last resort, the Near Eastside and Martindale-Brightwood are experiencing a grassroots-led resurgence. Despite new investments and growth, the neighborhoods continue to remain well behind other Indianapolis communities and the surrounding Marion County area in employment rates, educational attainment, household income and school performance.
The Project Manager will assist the IEAZ Youth Services Department in achieving its goals of increasing academic and socio-emotional development of students enrolled in Near Eastside community schools. Project Manager ensures overall program implementation adheres to all compliance regulations for assigned programs and/or projects.
- Program Management: Responsible for the day to day implementation of assigned programs and/or projects. In partnership with the IEAZ Director of Youth Services. Project Manager ensures programs and services work in tandem to yield impactful results for the betterment of students served by the Youth Services Department. Monitors program performance to ensure compliance and all goals and objectives are met. Provides for the accurate collection of program data and submits timely reports as required by various funding sources and partner organizations.
- Personnel Management: Efficiently manage assigned staff in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values. Delivers training as necessary.
- Accountabilities: Ensures compliance with program and funding guidelines for projects assigned. Has full knowledge and understanding of all program aspects for programs assigned. Responsible for student experience and performance benchmarks. Ensures all program reporting is accurate and submitted timely.
- Continuous Improvement: Ensures optimal utilization of resources and maintain quality programming. Works with IEAZ Director of Youth Services to refine student engagement to ensure full access to needed services. Works with others to continually identify areas of improvement. Effective evaluation of results. Works continually toward the improvement of the program. Identify opportunities to improve program delivery through efficiencies and innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in related field;
- Three or more years' experience in direct service in community based human services;
- Three or more years' supervisory, management, and program development experience;
- Proven administrative and leadership ability;
- Ability to grasp conceptual as well as mechanical aspects of office procedures;
- Adept at public relations; ability to communicate effectively with and relate positively to clients, agency staff, other social service and/or community agencies;
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and work independently of direct supervision;
- Ability to implement concepts learned from training;
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.