IEAZ - Licensed Reading Interventionist - John H. Boner Community Center
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - John Boner Neighborhood Centers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
John Boner Neighborhood Centers inspires neighbors and partners to improve the quality of life on the Near Eastside by providing tools for change and growth.
Position Goal to Support Mission:
Near Eastside community school partnerships designed to meet the academic developmental and socio-emotional students.
The John Boner Neighborhood Center in partnership with Brookside Elementary, IPS 54 and Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School to increase educational outcomes for Near Eastside students. JBNC is seeking licensed Reading Interventionists who will work full time onsite at either Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School or Brookside Elementary to support students in grades Kindergarten - 6th Grade identified as at-risk in Reading.
The Licensed Reading Interventionist will be primarily responsible for implementing research-based interventions and assessments to scaffold learners in the skills or concepts in which they are deficient.
To accelerate learning gains, the Licensed Reading Interventionist will support the development and implementation out of school time tutoring programs.
The Licensed Reading Interventionist will be employed by the John Boner Neighborhood Centers with school day direct supervision be facilitated by school administrators at the contracted school site - either Thomas Gregg or Brookside. Out of school time programming supervision to be facilitated by IEAZ Project Manager.
- Demonstrate practices that reflect solid knowledge of content and a particular command of research-based interventions for Reading.
- Seek to gain knowledge of students' backgrounds, cultures, skills, interests, special needs, proficiencies, etc. and apply this knowledge in instruction
- Seek and utilize appropriate resources to enhance student learning and professional practice
- Utilize data to track mastery, provide actionable feedback and plan supports/interventions.
- Support flexible, anytime, everywhere student learning through mastering the use of online programming that can be accessed by students at school and at home.
- Cultivate an environment of respect and rapport in the classroom and foster a culture of excellence
- Manage classroom procedures by putting routines in place that maximize instructional time
- Monitor and manage student behavior in a way that maximizes instructional time
- Communicate clear instructional outcomes, directions and explanations of concepts to students
- Use questioning and discussion techniques to deepen student understanding
- Engage students in high-level learning using various techniques in small group and individual settings
- Keep a pulse of student understanding using formative assessment and react with flexibility and responsiveness
- Seek opportunities for feedback and professional development
- Maintain effective instructional and non-instructional records
- Participate and contribute to the professional community
- Display a high level of professionalism with students and colleagues
- All other duties as needed
- Assists in operational troubleshooting and in streamlining work processes. Works with IEAZ Project Manager, staff, and others to identify areas of needed improvement and growth.
The preceding essential function statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and functions for this position. Other tasks and functions may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid Indiana Teacher's License in Elementary Education K-6
- Valid Background Check
- At least three (3) years teaching experience in grades K-6 (Preferred)
- Experience working in urban education (Preferred)
- Bilingual Spanish (Preferred)
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills
- Requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Requires the ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple, diverse parties including families, program partners, state and local leaders, and staff
- Requires the ability to demonstrate an independent work initiative, sound judgement and a professional demeanor
- Requires access to personal, reliable transportation
- Requires the ability to be flexible in your day-to-day work schedule including the ability to work day, evening and weekend hours if necessary
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.