Catholic Philanthropic Advisor - Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- 16-Jul-2021 to 31-Jul-2021
- - Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This position is responsible for securing major and planned gifts to support ministries of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. The individual will work closely with the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving and the Prospect Research Analyst to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts and planned gifts. The Catholic Philanthropic Advisor will assist Catholics to grow in their understanding of living their faith through stewardship – seeing all as a gift from God and responding in gratitude by generously sharing one's gifts with others. The Catholic Philanthropic Advisor will work closely with United Catholic Appeal donors and Legacy Society's donors to advance giving throughout the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. The Catholic Philanthropic Advisor will participate in staff meetings and serve as a member of the Office of Stewardship and Development Major and Planned Gifts team, regularly attending various Office of Stewardship and Development and Catholic Community Foundation events.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR ACTIVITIES
- Passionately promote a culture of annual, planned and legacy giving within the Archdiocese by providing donors the tools and facts so they can confidently participate in the ministry of Catholic giving.
- Identify, research, cultivate and solicit prospects for annual, endowment and planned gifts, and manage a personal visit calendar.
- Work with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects through effective marketing, cultivation and outreach activities to develop and present proposals to solicit major and planned gifts.
- Respond to annual, planned and endowment gift inquiries from potential donors and, on occasion, professional advisors.
- Fulfill assigned metrics for identification, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of gifts in Raisers Edge.
- Assist Office of Stewardship and Development Field Staff with planned giving promotion and outreach to parishes and with individual donors through the preparation and presentation of planned gift and endowment proposals.
- Stay familiar with laws and best practices of annual and planned giving.
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
- Conduct at least thirty-five (35) face-to-face visits with donors each month.
- Maintain at least 75 donor contacts each month (measured as "actions" in Raiser's Edge.
- Assist the CPA team in increasing the number of documented Legacy Society donors by 5%.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES
- Be a visible representative of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein as requested by the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving and/or Executive Director.
- Ability to initiate conversations and interact effectively with professional advisors, donors and prospective donors in representing the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, its ministries and the Foundation.
- Ability to speak to large groups of individuals from various professions and backgrounds.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Outlook, and relational database programs such as Blackbaud Raiser's Edge.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, coordinate details, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively and compassionately with donors and prospective donors in representing the Archdiocese of Indianapolis and the Foundation.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Member of the Catholic Church as well as a practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Proficiency in effectively speaking and writing both English and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to manage time and priorities independently.
- Commitment to being accountable for actions and outcomes of all organizational development efforts.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree or certificate desired but not required.
- Three+ years of experience in field is preferred, including fundraising and/or development activities, institutional financial services management or sales, and/or estate or charitable planning.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by July 31.