Prospect Research Analyst - Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- 16-Jul-2021 to 31-Jul-2021
- - Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Prospect Research Analyst is a key analytical role for the stewardship and development efforts within the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. This position is committed to data analysis for growth in portfolio development and donor acquisition. This role will focus on monitoring the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects, assisting Major Gift and Planned Gift officers in determining prioritization and next steps through analysis of donor trends and behaviors. The Prospect Research Analyst is charged with continuously refining and improving the process of data analysis for the department, always seeking new ways in which data analysis can enhance and impact fundraising success. In addition, the Prospect Research Analyst will monitor gift expectancy for the Archdiocese and its parish, schools and agencies, as well as realizing estate and other planned gifts. This individual will also participate in the department's securities process team.
The experienced, self-motivated, prospect researcher will possess strong writing, research and analytical skills, along with a commitment to producing high quality work. Emphasis will be placed on being an active partner with all directors within the Office of Stewardship and Development in order to increase funding for ministry. The Prospect Research Analyst will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing a strong proficiency in prospect research resources, searching skills and research strategies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR ACTIVITIES
- Uses Raiser's Edge software to obtain, manipulate and report on data.
- Makes recommendations on other data points that should be captured and monitored for results-based decision making.
- Collaborates to ensure that past knowledge and fundraising best practices are considered in data analysis.
- Analyze donor trends, behaviors and profiles to ensure that development staff and organizational relationship managers are working with the most financially capable donors.
- Plans prospect review meetings, supports portfolio review, updates prospect ratings and reviews, seeks to align a donor's giving affinity and preferences to the organizational needs, and improves the internal prospect tracking procedures.
- Identifies prospects and strategies for upgrades and renewals, new donor acquisition, and reclaiming of LYBUNT and SYBUNT donors while assisting with segmenting of young adults, generation X, Baby Boomer and greatest generation donors.
- Interprets and synthesizes large volumes of information and provides easily comprehensible profiles, briefings and memorandums.
- Synthesizes information to make data-driven decisions through review of multiple data sources including but not limited to email marketing software, database management software, website analytics and online giving tools.
- Provides oversight and structure to maintain and advance the collection of grants, grant submission deadlines and grant reporting deadlines to create an accurate assessment of private, state and federal funding sources that support ministry in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
- Coordinates research to ensure current biographical information is provided to development staff and organizational relationship managers for special events.
- Develops a supportive and productive relationship with all development staff and others involved in fundraising.
- Organizes and manages historical development documents so they are easily accessible to Development Staff and key relationship managers.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the database and consistently maintains and enters research data findings and action steps.
- Has a strong desire to align individuals who give generously with numerous opportunities to support the ministries of the Catholic Church and positively make an impact in the community.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES
- Strong customer service orientation and understanding of donor relations and stewardship.
- Experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge or other customer relationship management software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with Archdiocesan staff and others in a professional manner.
- Adherence to professional demeanor and attire.
- Ability to develop and analyze opportunities and challenges with attention to detail.
- Highly ethical standards in working with confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, coordinate details, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player and showcase Christianity through words and actions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree within business, data science, data analysis, marketing, professional fundraising or applicable experience of 2 years or more.
- Experience and/or education should demonstrate project management, leadership skills and relationship development skills.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by July 31.