Executive Director - Communities In Schools of Indiana
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - Communities In Schools of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you a leader looking for an opportunity to advance equity for students, lead a team of committed, passionate individuals, and have experience leading a non-profit organization?
Communities In Schools (CIS) of Indiana is seeking an Executive Director at our Indianapolis location to help us accomplish our mission to provide a community of support for students and empower them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS of Indiana believes that transformative relationships are key to unlocking a student's potential. Our success is dependent upon developing strategies that reflect our behaviors, principles and practices of diversity, equity and inclusion. The successful candidate will develop critical strategies to create and sustain equitable outcomes through evidence-based CIS community schools engagement.
CIS of Indiana surrounds students with a network of trust they can turn to no matter where they are in their journey. Our goal is to empower students to see, confront, and overcome personal challenges and structural barriers, so they can take charge of the future they desire for themselves, their communities, and each other.
CIS of Indiana is a dynamic, growing organization that has been operating in Indiana for more than 20 years. It directly employs 10 staff, consults with an additional 20 coordinators, while operating within 26 partnering schools and has an annual operating budget that exceeds $500k. In 2020, CIS School Outreach Coordinators helped more than 37,000 students in Indiana to overcome barriers to success, stay on track to graduate, and achieve a brighter future.
CIS of Indiana is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the school communities we serve.
- Experienced leader who can inspire a dynamic vision, build diverse teams, create inclusive environments, foster diverse points of view, problem solve, manage conflict, and lead with transparency.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for fundraising including sponsorships, donor networks, event plan management, and annual donation drives.
- Leads and empower others with a demonstrated capacity to turn the organizations vision into reality through the implementation of strategic and tactical activities to achieve established goals.
- Inspires a culture of equity, diversity, and social justice to overcome barriers, and increase student success.
- Utilizes knowledge of intersections between poverty, race, sexuality, gender, and fosters relationships with communities, stakeholders, donors, staff, and board members to drive programming.
- Maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders, organizational management and sustainability through strong internal operations, financial oversight, resource development, and support of the staff.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
Management and Leadership
- Effectively leads the CIS of Indiana staff by equipping employees with tools, training, and support to achieve program outcomes and perform at a high level.
- Develops and maintains internal administrative systems while responding to external needs with accuracy and speed.
- Recruits, onboards, trains, and evaluates a diverse CIS of Indiana staff.
- Leads staff orientation and provides coaching and professional development.
- Develops and executes operations plans, site plans, and long-range strategic plans.
- Monitors and evaluates program effectiveness, conducts benchmarking of best practices, and recommends improvements.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive working relationships with school districts, social service agencies, local and national CIS offices, partner agencies, local government, the business community, funding donors, and Board of Directors.
- Fosters effective relationships with school district leadership to ensure collaborative partnerships and drives joint initiatives.
- Represents the voices of students and families in the communities we serve.
- Develops, manages, and executes all fiscal responsibilities to include budgetary, tax, legal, and financial obligations as well as reporting requirements.
- Oversees the financial management systems to ensure effective fiscal plan; prepares annual budgets for review and approval by the board of directors.
- Manages expenses and revenues to plan budget and provides regular reports to the Board of Directors.
- Serves as staff advisor to the Board of Directors for CIS of Indiana matters.
- Oversees budget development, manages progress reports, staffing and organizational needs, program development, and strategic planning.
- Partners with board president to recruit new board members and ensure board understands the goals.
- Develops board agendas, facilitates board meetings, and drives actions.
- Partners with board members to develop changes to new policies.
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's degree preferred) in public administration, education, social science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience leading people.
- Previous experience collaborating with diverse communities and developing partnerships for equity and inclusion.
- Experience leading non-profit operations, finance, human resources, and fundraising programs.
- Ability to empower, engage, mentor, and support a successful collaborative team.
- Strong experience with implementing resource development strategies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of needs and challenges facing youth.
Please Note: Candidates must pass a criminal background check and provide references as requested.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.