Community Engagement Manager - Agape Therapeutic Riding
- 16-Jul-2021 to 01-Aug-2021
- - Agape' Therapeutic Riding Resources, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Vision Statement: We believe that lives can experience healing and growth in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
Mission Statement: Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
Position Summary: The time has come for Agape to add another superstar to the team as we continue to grow and change the world with horses. The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is a new position that will oversee aspects of special events, communications, donor relations and annual fundraising. The CEM provides day-to-day leadership and management of Agape community engagement to ensure optimal communication with our stakeholders. The CEM is a proactive ambassador and champion for Agape, effectively communicating our mission, impact, and the benefits of therapeutic horsemanship programs.
- Bachelor's degree (required) in ideal subject matter (i.e. communications, philanthropy, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years professional communications, special event management and/or fundraising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Loves managing multiple projects and tasks to completion
- Passionate about Agape's mission
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
- Knows how to build and maximize relationships via phone or email
- Goal oriented and highly self-driven
- Strong creativity
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Willing to work special event hours
- Coordinate and manage annual signature fundraising events
- Manage event logistics, including but not limited to vendor arrangements, A/V services, entertainment, registration
- Assist with managing and finalizing guest list and sending event mailings
- Assist with cultivating relationships with event sponsors
- Coordinate sponsorship fulfillment
- Coordinate event committees and manage committee expectations and communications
- Collaborate with marketing on event planning and strategies
- Coordinate and manage annual campaign strategy and deliverables (peer-to-peer campaign, year-end fundraising appeal and day of giving)
- Coordinate and manage the monthly recurring donor program (The Saddle Club)
- Actively work with the Executive Director and marketing & development contractor to create and implement comprehensive development strategy to included increased support from individuals, corporate entities, foundations and churches/associations
- Assist in scheduling and preparing site visits for current and prospective funders
- Assist the Executive Director with donor engagement, prospecting and solicitation
- Ensure that special events hit target fundraising goals for the year
- Create and send monthly/quarterly e-newsletters to stakeholders using Mailchimp
- Manage Agape blog posts 1x/month
- Manage Agape's social media
- Assist with all Agape external communications
- Serve, along with the Program Director and Executive Director, as Agape spokesperson in the event of a crisis situation and/or media relations request
- Manage all aspects of donor relations (thank yous, tours, donor events, open houses, etc.)
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating and connecting donors to our mission
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer appreciation strategy and events
Servant Leadership & Culture Cultivator Responsibilities:
- Lead by example. Be a servant-leader, always focused on how to serve your team members, stakeholders, and clients. Place servanthood and excellence above all else.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and learning through planning and incorporating various professional development opportunities.
- Upholds a high level of fiscal stewardship through engaging in financial and budgetary planning as it pertains to special events, communications and fundraising at Agape.
- Fosters teamwork, trust, respect and open communications among all staff.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy, modeling Agape's philanthropic values in relationships with donors and champions of our mission.
- Assists with and attends all Agape events and required meetings.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Aug 1.