Operations Manager - Fair Haven Foundation, Inc.
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - Fair Haven Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Mission: To share the love of Jesus Christ by providing gracious hospitality and compassionate support to seriously-ill patients and their families traveling to Indianapolis for critical medical care.
The role of the Operations Manager is to execute the mission of Fair Haven through effective management of daily operations at our lodging facilities. This position reports to the Executive Director and works in collaboration with the Guest Services Director and other staff members. Evening and weekend staff report to the Operations Manager. The job requires most work to be performed on site at Fair Haven at Ada's Place.
- Incorporate the mission, vision, and values of the organization into every aspect of daily operations.
- Ensure a superior guest experience and foster an environment of ministry at Ada's Place.
- Manage the daily operations at Ada's Place.
- Manage the relationship with the cleaning service and oversee daily cleaning and at Ada's Place.
- Manage the turnover of guest rooms and day service rooms and their preparation for guests.
- Oversee laundry services and manage the linen inventory.
- Manage the inventory of furnishings, supplies, and basic necessities for guests.
- Manage building systems including HVAC, access control, security system, audio/visual systems, water softener, drinking water system, and other equipment at Ada's Place.
- Manage and keep records for maintenance and repairs of the building, equipment, and furnishings.
- Utilize the Family Registry database system to manage guest stays and daily operations.
- Welcome guests, anticipate and respond to their needs, and facilitate ministry.
- Serve as a member of the team performing check-in and check-out of guests.
- Serve as a member of the team leading daily prayer and ministry to guests.
- Serve as a member of the on-call team during non-staffed building hours (paid on-call time).
- Engage and support other guests at Ada's Place including donors, volunteers, and vendors.
- Collaborate with the staff team to coordinate operations and enhance guest experience.
- Lead and manage scheduling for evening and weekend staff at Ada's Place.
- Ensure emergency preparedness and complete implementation of the emergency management plan.
- Assist in management of cleaning, maintenance, laundry, and supply inventory of apartments.
- Leverage the position and resources strategically to grow support and advance the mission.
- Profound understanding and passion for Fair Haven's mission, vision, and core values.
- Experience in operations management and/or ministry preferred.
- Passion for serving others and impacting lives through Christian ministry.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent initiative, problem-solving, project management, and independent work skills.
- Empathetic and caring demeanor with ability to work well with families in crisis.
- Collaborative skills to work effectively with a team of staff and volunteers.
- Experience and commitment to developing others and maximizing their potential.
- Proficiency in electronic communications and ability to learn and use the guest management database system effectively.
- Dependability, flexibility, and willingness to help in various areas in the organization as needed.
- Dedication to leveraging the position to share stories of mission impact, increase community awareness, grow donor and volunteer support, build sustainability, and further the mission.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) What skills and experiences make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2) What is your approach to customer service and/or ministry?
3) What attracts you to work for this particular organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.