Membership Specialist - Indiana CPA Society
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - Indiana CPA Society
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indiana CPA Society is a statewide professional association representing over 7,100 CPAs and accounting professionals who are transforming business in Indiana. We serve the public interest as well as our members. We function as an advocate for the profession through education, public awareness, government relations and promotion of high ethical standards. Programs and services offered by us are designed to meet the needs that have been identified for our diverse membership.
As the Membership Specialist, your outgoing and driven nature will help you succeed in this role and meet our organization's membership goals. Your past experience in sales and understanding of associations or nonprofits will help you create relationships with current members and future members which will, in turn, lead to growth of our membership. When not traveling to visit members you will support the Membership and Volunteer Manager with reporting and other membership processes. With a small staff of about 20 people, your willingness to jump in and help other team members is crucial. As part of the Member Services department you will be part of a fun and passionate team that provides the exceptional customer service that our members have come to expect. And, at the Indiana CPA Society you will have access to many awesome benefits like health insurance, 401(k), summer and holiday hours to name a few.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities you would have include:
- Cultivates relationship with firm administrators and other points of contact at firms/organizations.
- Schedules and conducts regular firm and industry visits. Travel within the state and will be up to 25% of time.
- With the guidance of Manager, uses data and analytics to identify specific member types to target (at risk, highly-engaged members, etc.) and then conducts outreach.
- Works with Manager to monitor and report on key metrics.
- Actively participates in the membership portion of our strategic plan.
- Oversees 100% Organization Membership program.
- Processes all membership applications.
- Processes membership and contribution batches from accounting.
- Primarily responsible for data integrity in membership database; adding new members, address corrections, researching prospective and dropped member's information, etc.
- Processes new licensees and recent exam passers in database.
- Compiles and maintains prospective and current membership lists.
- Prepares and distributes prospective member brochures and postcards.
- Maintains membership in INCPAS LinkedIn group.
- Maintains an active, open relationship with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
- Compiles lists for monthly mailing of membership certificates and provides to communications, so certificates are printed and mailed.
- Assists in preparation of the membership reports.
- Maintain member lists by firm and organization, which is done twice a year.
- Other duties as assigned.
We do require that you have the following education, training and/or experience:
- Must have two years of sales experience. Experience in an association or other nonprofit preferred but not required.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and training in contact management systems, database software, project management software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software
If you feel you are the right person for this job and want to join a great and innovative team, please apply now.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and salary range.