Manager, Accounting- EmployIndy
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - EmployIndy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits to include health, dental vision, 401k employer contribution, 5 weeks PTO and 10 paid holidays
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: forall Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
The Manager, Accountingposition will be responsible for cash management, cost allocation, bank reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable. This position will assist with monthly and yearly financial close-outs. This position will be a liaison with our local bank, investment bank, and insurance company,
This position will be located at EmployIndy Downtown Office and report to the Associate Director, Accounting & Finance.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Overseeing account payables and account receivables clerk(s).
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
• Complete financial reports, lead the month-end closing process and conduct monthly financial forecast.
• Maintains an accurate filing and record keeping system for all financial statements and company documents.
• Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets.
• Reconciling balance sheets accounts monthly to trial balance for review.
• Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
• Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
• Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building
upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
• Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centricduring communications with customers.
• Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each
team to thrive.
• Inclusive: Staff members promote a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
• Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
• Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involvesthe exercise of developed knowledge, the ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience
• Minimum, Associate degree in Finance or Accounting or higher, bachelor's degree preferred.
• Two to three years or more direct accounting related experience preferred in lieu of degree.
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with Blackbaud Accounting software preferred.
• Ability to analyze data and reach sound conclusions, work under time pressure, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Knowledge of fund accounting, Uniform Grant Guidance, GAAP and Internal Revenue Circulars preferred.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.