Annual Fund and Gift Entry Manager - The Center For The Performing Arts
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - Center for the Performing Arts
- Carmel, IN, USA
- Full Time
Reports to: Director of Individual Development, the Center for the Performing Arts and the Great American Songbook Foundation
The Annual Fund and Gift Entry Manager is responsible for growing the membership base, renewing and upgrading member support, and strengthening relationships with current members below the $2,500 giving level.
The Manager will have primary responsibility for ensuring a successful annual fund and related campaigns and appeals by developing and implementing strategy for direct mail, digital and electronic fundraising. This position oversees the donor database, assists with donor acknowledgements, helps establish and implement data-entry policies and procedures to ensure data consistency and quality, and leads efforts to develop philanthropic strategies. The Annual Fund Manager is a member of the Development team.
This role must embrace, lead and demonstrate our core values of excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusion.
Reasonable accommodations to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their role will be considered.
- With guidance from Director of Individual Development, design and manage revenue and expense budgets and strategies for Individual Giving ($1-$2,500) campaigns.
- Develop themes, content and messaging for engaging print and electronic solicitations
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines with professionalism
- Manage direct mail and telefund campaigns; set parameters for list generation and segmentation; oversee print, mail and fulfillment timelines with outside vendors
- Create, implement, and evaluate the organization's annual fund campaign, including mailings, appeals, reports, and other relevant correspondence
- Manage donor membership campaigns; work with department leadership to develop strategies and materials for renewal and acquisition; coordinate campaign schedules with subscription renewals; track and analyze patron renewal, acquisition and attrition
- Track donor performance and explore new strategies to maximize revenue
- Create, implement, and evaluate strategies that lead to sound donor cultivation, prospecting, segmenting, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship
- Manage or assist with logistics needed for activities related to annual fund campaigns and/or appeals
- Participate in any special event planning and implementation and other departmental or agency activities as needed
- Must build and maintain positive work relationships with management, staff members and external contacts
- Manage a portfolio of 50-75 mid-level donors
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of and manage donor database functions including data entry, data quality, cash and in-kind donations, production of reports, tax receipts, credit card donations, and recurring gifts
- Process and acknowledge gifts in accordance with approved turnaround and accuracy standards – with back-up support from Director of Development Research and Strategy
- Document all donor and data processes
- Maintain pledge payments records, invoicing donors and tracking payments.
- Build and maintain database profile records
- Track and retrieve gift information; answer phone inquiries from donors
- Coordinate with department staff to ensure accuracy of gift designations
- Perform monthly financial reconciliations with Finance
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency (Written and Verbal)
- Organization/Time Management
- Problem Solving/Financial Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Decision Making
Required Education and Experience
Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree in management, communications or business preferred Experience: 3-5 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience; three or more years in a previous development or patron-facing capacity, including but not limited to annual giving, special campaigns, volunteer management, event management, patron services, marketing, or group sales; previous experience using a fundraising platform (i.e., Tessitura, Raiser's Edge, etc.)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to effectively communicate in person, by phone, verbally and through persuasive writing
- Understanding of fundraising and public relations principles and techniques
- Maintain attention to detail and appropriate follow-up
- Ability to build and grow relationships, plus understanding of moves management principles
- Ability to interact with the public and address their concerns/questions
- Ability to think logically and problem-solve to analyze situations, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Professional, and other software applications necessary to perform essential job functions and support other team members
- Strong organizational, process-oriented, time-management, and logical-thinking skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive work relationships with management, staff members, and external contacts
May assist with leading interns and/or volunteers
This position operates in a professional office environment that requires accountability for our core values, which include diversity and equity.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- Efficiently use computers and office equipment.
- Frequently required to carry up to 30 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Flexibility is required including evening and weekend work along with events throughout the season.
Local travel may be required for donor meetings and events.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.