Communications Coordinator - Exodus Refugee
- 16-Jul-2021 to 14-Aug-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food, clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
Exodus is seeking a Communications Coordinator to develop and execute a strategic communications plan that includes general brand awareness, advocacy, events, and support for fundraising campaigns. This position will be responsible for managing outward-facing content such as the Exodus website, newsletter, and social media pages and will coordinate speaking opportunities and media relations on behalf of the organization. The Coordinator will manage engagement and giving opportunities for companies and select organizations.
- Manage the communications calendar for all social media, email campaigns, events, outreach etc.
- Serve as one of the lead agency presenters and speakers and coordinate incoming agency speaking requests.
- Manage the Exodus Speakers Bureau of clients and former clients.
- Manage and create content for all digital marketing platforms including websites, online marketing, social media accounts, monthly e-newsletters and other e-marketing. Includes grant funder and sponsor recognition, event promotion, and writing, editing, and/or managing writers of stories for blog and website.
- Manage print marketing and promotions, such as one-sheets, Exodus infographics, brochures, promotional flyers (donation drives, etc.) and other print materials.
- Organize and maintain photo, video, and story archive. Responsible for soliciting and organizing testimonials and photos from clients, volunteers, donors, staff etc. for use in various communications. Edit photos and format for different publications (e-newsletters, website, etc.) Ensure signed photo releases are secured and documented.
- Maintain an up-to-date database for key mailing/distribution lists as it relates to communications (media contacts, speakers bureau, elected officials, faith organizations, other key contacts)
- Maintain strategic relationships with local and national media contacts. Coordinate requests for interviews and do regular story pitches. Serve as back-up media representative in the absence of the Executive Director. Plan and create press and media releases.
- Develop content for presentations and train staff, volunteers, interns, clients, and board members on how to represent Exodus with various external constituents.
- Assist with planning and implementation of key agency events, including World Refugee Day, the annual The Life Ahead Gala, Women's Giving Circle events, and small or 3rd party fundraising events
- Help coordinate in-kind donation drive inquiries, set priorities, and update Amazon Wish List.
- Participates in Exodus staff trainings and development activities.
- Performs other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Reports to the Director of Development.
- Must have a bachelor's degree and experience in communications or public affairs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients from diverse backgrounds and members of the public.
- Must be an expert in social media content development and strategy.
- Must be comfortable in intercultural environments and working as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, customer service abilities, organization, and ability to be flexible and creative in his or her work.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Additional proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or other design programs a plus.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Cassandra Sanborn. Please submit your desired salary in your cover letter.