Early Childhood and Lower School Spanish Teacher - Sycamore School
- 19-Jul-2021 to 17-Aug-2021
- - Sycamore School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Sycamore School seeks an experienced Spanish teacher for its early childhood and lower school students (Preschool - 3rd grade) for the 2021-2022 school year. You will also be called upon to help build the foreign language program in an innovative way.
Essential duties for this position include student interactions, parent communication, curriculum work, supervision of students outside of regular classroom time, assisting with carpool drop-off or pick up, serving on school-wide committees and professional development.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (focus in Spanish and Education)
- Lead teaching experience
- Experience in and knowledge of the field of gifted education
- Desire to work with high ability, early childhood and lower school students
- Familiarity with early childhood and/or lower school school learners
- Understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum, especially with gifted students
- Ability to write, develop, and implement lesson plans for gifted learners
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to develop positive relationships with parents
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, current resume, copies of degrees and licenses, your philosophy of education, and a list of 3-5 professional references with contact information to Julie Szolek-Van Valkenburgh, HR Coordinator.
No phone calls or walk-ins will be accepted for this position.