Enrollment and Matching Specialist (part-time) - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 19-Jul-2021 to 17-Aug-2021
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
As an Enrollment and Matching Specialist at BBBBSCI, you'll be starting a professional career in youth development, building skills that will help you flourish in a variety of career paths. You'll learn the necessary skills needed to manage a multiple projects, working directly with our clientele while making new matches that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. You will be joining the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, that has been serving youth for more than 100 years. We take our job seriously, holding ourselves to a high standard when it comes to professional and prompt client service. Yet, we also enjoy a fun, engaging, and supportive team environment.
Enrollment and Matching Responsibilities:
- Assess the eligibility, suitability, and match-ability of all applicants, including their ability to build and sustain a safe and healthy relationship;
- Ensure a client centered approach from inquiry to match support;
- Make matches that are most likely to result in strong and enduring relationships;
- Ensure participant's understanding and buy-in on agency policies and program expectations;
- Begin the process of evaluating impact through collection of baseline data;
- Ensure that appropriate pre-match training is provided to all participants; and
- Effectively communicate with Mentoring Relationship Specialists the training and support needs of incoming matches.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information, and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure accurate documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Work with strategically identified external partners (ie. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
- Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
- Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
- Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and children.
- Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS.
- Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Degree or experience in Human Services, Social Services, or related field, or experience in social services, education and/or child development required.
- Participation in continuing education programs as requested.
- Must be able to work proficiently with computers and other office equipment.
- Bilingual fluency-English/Spanish preferred'not required.
- Required to travel approximately 60% of time to meet agency needs (often in places of employment or individual homes), attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
- Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately owned vehicles must have valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. May be required to transport clients.
- Evenings and weekends required.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements now.