Business & Operations Manager - Hendricks County Senior Services Administrative/Management/Leadership
- 19-Jul-2021 to 17-Aug-2021
- - Hendricks County Senior Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To ensure administrative efficiency and compliance, financial reporting and accuracy, and support human resource objectives. The Operations & Business Manager coordinates, manages, and monitors the workings of operations and administrative functions to support the achievement of agency objectives.
- Educational: College degree preferred.
- Experience: Experience with office administration, bookkeeping, non-profit experience ideal. Experience in one-person financial office. Must be experienced with QuickBooks.
- Personal: Organized mind, meticulous attention to detail; demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments; regular, predictable attendance; empathetic to older adults.
REPORTING & ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP:
- Responsibility: Reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Supervisory: Supervises part time Business and Office Clerks
- Coordinative Relationship: Must work well with all staff so that agency services are delivered holistically and efficiently.
- Work with contracted accountant to produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Manages receivables for all postings and deposits, ensuring proper recording to accounts. Monitor accounts to ensure timely payments.
- Manages payables for all accounts. Acts as purchasing agent.
- Reconcile statements for all accounts to ensure accurate and timely reports.
- Research and correct problem accounts.
- Monitor deviations from the budget and inform the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and manage annual financial audit (conducted by outside CPA firm).
- Manages the submission of timely and accurate claims to CICOA and INDOT.
- Maintains records by grant for all expenditures and reimbursement received.
- Manage processes for Medicaid reimbursement.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparation for compliance reviews.
- Payroll & Human Resource
- Process biweekly payroll using ADP (timely, accurate, correct deductions, maintain records on accrual and use of paid time off).
- Answer staff question on payroll and benefits.
- Distribute 1099's and 1096's at year-end.
- Supervise the completion of reference checks, background checks, and other required pre-employment checks.
- Maintain organized and complete employee files.
- Operations & Compliance
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all quarterly and yearly taxes: business, property, sales, payroll, employment, insurance and federal withholding.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of the 990 (prepared by outside CPA firm).
- Manage vendor selection and maintenance of vendor files, including proof of insurance.
- Support Executive Director in work with major system vendors (HVAC, sprinkler, and plumbing).
- Money Handling & Banking
- Supervise the preparation of bank deposits and enter daily deposits (cash and cards) to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Work with department coordinators to ensure accurate recording of cash.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer.
- Immediately report discrepancies to the Executive Director.
- Monitor cash accounts (CD's, Checking, Savings, etc.)
- Other Responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to human resource and financial information.
- Proactive in meeting the needs of staff in reporting and compliance.
- Purchase and track office supplies within budget limitations.
- Attend and participate as appropriate in staff meetings.
- Answer and route phone calls as needed.
- Perform other tasks conveyed by the Executive Director.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Receive, review, understand, and agree to follow the policies of Hendricks County Senior Services as detailed in the agency's employee handbook.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Must have visual, hearing and mental ability to initiate, comprehend and communicate written and verbal communication and financial information.
- Must be willing to be responsible for and maintain job-related supplies and equipment according to Agency policy and expectations.
- Must be able to operate/acquire the skills to operate office communication equipment and software systems.
- Must be able to access files and documents from file cabinets.
- Must be able to perform tasks involving sitting and some physical activity such as light lifting, some bending, stooping and standing.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as keyboarding on assigned computer systems.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.