Outdoor Adventure Program Director – Camptown
- 19-Jul-2021 to 17-Aug-2021
- - Camptown, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Summary: Responsible for design and implementation of impactful youth programs in alignment with Camptown's mission. Conducts trainings, leads trips and supervises program staff. Recruits new partners and assists the Executive Director in fundraising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following but are not limited to the job specification contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed may be required as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain desired program staff culture and expectations with systems that reinforce
- Be an effective ambassador for Camptown including written stories, social media and other marketing materials
- Assist with fundraising and grant opportunities, including meeting an annual personal fundraising goal
- Lead program staff development, providing relevant in-services and outside training opportunities
- Schedule, supervise, evaluate, and recruit program staff with support from Executive Director
- Maintain relationships with existing program partners and identify new program partnership opportunities
- Design new, relevant programs aligned with Camptown's mission
- Ensure Youth Leader program is impactful and growing
- Prepare accurate program proposals/agreements and ensure coordination among program staff
- Deliver high quality outdoor adventure programs for youth, adapting to the reasonable needs of program partners
- Complete administrative tasks such as file maintenance, program proposals, expedition reports, leader summaries, etc.
- Implement a data-driven continuous improvement system for all Camptown programs ranging from teambuilding to environmental education and from after school clubs to wilderness adventures
- Collaborate with Facilities Manager to ensure program gear and equipment is suitable and maintained for program needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises program staff, program interns, trip volunteers, and youth leaders.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience, is required. Wilderness First Responder will be required. Experience in outdoor related activities including camping, hiking, canoeing, climbing, backpacking, fishing, etc. is highly desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and correspondence. Ability to write programming plans and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one, small group and large group situations to program partners, prospective partners, Board of Directors and other employees as necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizes situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear. The employee must be able to walk distances of 10 miles in a day carrying a backpack weighing 1/3 of their body weight. Walking and climbing difficult terrain are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Other requirements: Valid Indiana driver's license with good driving history required. Ability to obtain Public Passenger Chauffeur's license. Complete successful criminal background and drug test. Overnight travel required - may be extensive in summer.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.