Development Assistant - Camptown
- 19-Jul-2021 to 17-Aug-2021
- - Camptown, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Summary: The Development Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of development, marketing, and public relations activities. Reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, special events, and social media.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Update and maintain donor database records.
- Identify, research and as directed pursue prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Coordinate production and mailing of scheduled and non-scheduled appeal letters.
- Prepare and mail year end acknowledgement and tax credit letters.
- Prepare media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing).
- Assemble media and donor materials as requested.
- Maintain Evaluation Statistics, Summaries, and other data.
- Contribute to Camptown programs as needed.
- Research evidence for programs & grant proposals, write proposals, produce accompanying documentation.
- Maintain relationships with appropriate contacts at partner foundations.
- Follow up with funders, prepare acknowledgement letters and conduct grant reporting.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Identify and conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate and individual sponsors.
- Maintain Auction data base, solicit auction donations and maintain auction organization systems.
- Design, print and mail event invitations.
- Work Special Events, including set-up, tear down, volunteer coordination, etc.
- Track and acknowledge volunteer hours.
- Regularly update website with fresh, relevant content, stories, etc.
- Maintain Social Media plan to build awareness of Camptown and by keeping scheduled posts.
- Create and send quarterly e-newsletter.
- Create and mail monthly donor engagement e-notices
- Develop basic graphics to augment communications.
- Process program pictures and videos, including curating and compiling for marketing purposes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may work with volunteers and/or interns to support fundraising and marketing efforts.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent prior experience in related field.
Computer Skills: Proficient computer and database skills including Outlook, social media, Windows, MSWord, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and database management.
Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, ability to organize and prioritize work, ability to work independently with little supervision, excellent interpersonal skills.
Other requirements: Complete successful criminal background and drug testing.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.