Executive Director - Prevail Inc.
- 24-Aug-2021 to 22-Sep-2021
- - Prevail/Charitable Advisors
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health and retirement
This is a Charitable Advisors supported search. Potential candidates are invited to contact us with questions at the e-mail addresses provided below. Candidates bringing diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Executive Director, Prevail - Could you lead an organization that has assisted four thousand victims of crime and abuse victims each year and helps them move forward or start in a new life? Do you feel passionate about advocating on behalf of marginalized and traumatized individuals? Prevail has offered a full range of comprehensive, restorative services to victims for the past 35 years and is a recognized leader in victim advocacy. We empower victims of crime and abuse on their path to healing, while engaging the community to support safe, healthy relationships. Programs and services including housing opportunities are offered to teens and adults along with their children.
We are seeking an Executive Director who will embrace and put into practice our core values of Empowerment, Connection, Social Justice and Dignity. This visionary leader will have familiarity with victim advocacy along with fund raising, operational, and financial skills, preferably in a nonprofit organization. He/she must have the ability to serve multiple constituents including our board of directors, community partners, other nonprofit agencies, local government entities and staff. Their approachable, transparent leadership and willingness to listen to and support our team of dedicated staff will positively contribute to the organizational culture. Annual budget of almost $2 million with staff team of 20.
This role offers a great opportunity for a strong communicator interested in community service and advocacy, nonprofit administration, and social justice.
- Envision expansion prospects and plan strategically for future facility and programmatic needs
- Oversee program budgets and fiscal forecasting, ensuring that all programs are adequately funded, and allocated funds are spent appropriately and in a timely manner
- Ensure a culture of excellence in service delivery and maintain visibility and accessibility to staff and clients
- Foster a collaborative work culture with strong leadership and intentional coaching and feedback
- Establish and maintain relationships with local, state, and federal government agencies as well as foundations, community partners, and individual donors
- Partner with staff and board to develop and implement fundraising plans, coordinate events and marketing strategies, and explore grant funding opportunities
- Must have a passion for our mission with the ability to manage, integrate and deliver our message across various channels and digital platforms
- Bachelor's Degree Required, MSW preferred. Significant experience may be substituted.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a willingness to grow personally and professionally through continued educational opportunities
- Nonprofit leadership and management experience, ideally working in social services, interpersonal violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, victim advocacy and/or demonstrated familiarity with victim-serving organizations
- Supervisory/management experience with a demonstrated track record of contributing to strategic direction and operational management.
- Fundraising and grant management experience. Proven ability to build partnerships and cultivate relationships with community partners, government entities and donors.
- Capacity to work effectively with others of diverse ages, languages, races, ethnicities, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, mental/physical abilities, and socioeconomic status.
- Ability to navigate county politics and build a consensus both internally and externally
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication. Strong public speaker, advocate and educator.
- Knowledge of emergency, transitional and long-term housing solutions, and flex funding helpful but not necessary
- The ability to understand and interpret financial reports and an understanding of accounting procedures, practices, and budgeting.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Why is this position a great match for you? Why are you interested?
- The Executive Director is the most visible face of Prevail in our communities. Briefly share your experience in connecting across a community to the benefit of your organization.
- Share how your management style has contributed to a positive workplace culture? How have you effectively retained staff?
- Briefly share your experience partnering with a nonprofit board of directors to engage them and leverage their skills and connections.
- Please describe your experience developing fundraising strategies to achieve organizational sustainability.
- There is a good chance that Prevail will be leading the effort to create emergency and transitional housing in Hamilton County in the next few years. Please share experiences you have that would be relevant to planning and fundraising for a new facility.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.