Senior Staff Accountant - HVAF of Indiana
- 29-Aug-2021 to 28-Sep-2021
- - HVAF of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Commensurate with experience and education
- Full Time
- • Medical, vision, and dental benefits available. Limited employer match. • Long-Term disability and Short-Term Disability benefits (100% employer-paid) • Life insurance (100% employer-paid) • 403(b) retirement savings plan (no employer match) • Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 10 paid holidays.
The Senior Staff Accountant plays an integral role in the Finance department, reporting to the Vice President of Finance. The position supports general ledger, key account reconciliations, grant accounting, billing/AR, month-end closing, audits, and the annual budget and planning processes. The ability to play a key role in new and ongoing continuous process improvement initiatives is necessary. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of new accounting system and related processes, grant accounting, and compliance policies as appropriate in accordance with Federal and State of Indiana requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accounting transactions as required
- Review grant and contract proposals
- Assist in the preparation of required grant financial reports
- Ensure compliance with all applicable requirements and regulations
- Assist with budgets for grants and contracts
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for grants and contract billing
- Prepare invoices for contract billing
- Assist with maintaining grant and contract billing schedules
- Prepare and analyze actual versus budget reports by department and by specific program
- Provide variance analysis
- Prepare financial reports to grantors where required
- Provide timely reports and analyses to department leaders
- Prepare schedules for monthly close.
- Review and reconcile various general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Assist the auditors in completion of the annual financial audits
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, or related field; CPA a plus
- Minimum 2+ years related job experience in nonprofits
- Strong general ledger skills are required
- Familiarity with government contracts and billing
- Understanding of official GAAP accounting principles and knowledge of A-133 audits
- Solid working knowledge in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, including pivot tables and V-lookup, and ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management
- High degree of accuracy and timeliness in work
- Proactive individual, accustomed to taking initiative
- Evident dedication and commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the agency
- Core work week would fall between Monday-Friday
- Work location: 964 N. Pennsylvania St. Indianapolis, IN 46204
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Sammy Mitchell, Vice President, Personnel