Program and Event Manager, Wellness Council of Indiana - Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- 07-Sep-2021 to 06-Oct-2021
- - Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Program & Event Manager will assist in the development and ongoing management of multiple multi-year employer facing programs. They will support the organizations strategic plan implementation through identifying innovative and actionable ideas to achieve outcomes. The Program & Event Manager will lead marketing and promotional activities to support organizations main objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and compliance of ongoing programs
- Lead and instruct Mental Health First Aid training courses to employer groups
- Coordinate and deliver employer facing trainings and consultations related to programs
- Develop program success measures and perform periodic assessments of programs success
- Provide data tracking and analytics
- Research applicable subject matter practices and remain aware of industry trends
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss program status and goals
- Assist director with development activities
- Develop innovative marketing strategies for program deliverables and membership
- Organize promotional campaigns through social media and other relevant platforms
- Collaborate with management and peers, and work cross functionally across the organization to continually identify and lead improvement initiatives
- Undergraduate degree in health science related field of study
- Three to five years experience in program/project management, business development, event planning, or marketing; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong public speaking
- Ability to interpret and communicate information to a variety of audiences
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Availability to travel moderately throughout Indiana as required
- Familiarity with employment sectors
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizational structure
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor Certification
- Familiarity with workplace wellness including mental health and substance misuse
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability and desire to cultivate professional relationships with the goal of improving state health metrics, driving economic vitality and making Indiana a healthier place to live, work, learn and play
Personal Work Relationships:
Candidate should have the ability to work well with others and within a team, both externally and internally. Position requires candidate to work with all other aspects of the Indiana Chamber.
Office environment, standing, sitting, walking, lifting up to 50lbs., speaking, hearing and manual dexterity.
It is of paramount importance that this person be a dynamic individual who can speak fluently with board members, community leaders, partners, and employers
About the Wellness Council of Indiana:
The Wellness Council of Indiana works collaboratively to positively impact the economic vitality of the State of Indiana by evaluating and guiding workplaces and communities through their own comprehensive health and wellness strategy. WCI members and staff inspire active living, community engagement and corporate social responsibility. www.wellnessindiana.org
About the Indiana Chamber:
The Indiana Chamber works to "cultivate a world-class environment with provides economic opportunity and prosperity for the people of Indiana and their enterprises." www.indianachamber.com
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.