Program Development Manager - Servants at Work (SAWs)
- 07-Sep-2021 to 29-Sep-2021
- - Servants at Work (SAWs)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Years 1-2, two weeks paid vacation then years 3+ 3 weeks paid vacation. Additional time off and paid holidays. • Eligible participant for annual Company year-end Bonus Pool Funds
Successful not-for-profit organization is seeking an action-oriented, mission driven, self- starter reporting directly to the Executive Director. This position will organize and add assistance to the Volunteers needed to construct ramps, occasionally interact with project managers, area coordinators and donors. This individual must possess good communication skills while being well versed in social media, a customized software packages while maintaining an active corporate database for the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining Saw's website, creating needed changes to reflect the ongoing success of the SAWs mission.
- Monitor's client software and identifies potential scheduled projects based on finished site evaluation surveys and ramp drawings
- Possesses a general understanding of accounting principles, profit and loss, risk and reward, and shows financial responsibility for all expenses.
- Works closely with the Senior Accountant on all donations received and documents contribution channels
- Works closely with the Executive Director when initiating newsletters, donor solicitations, Board of Director updates, corporate partners, churches, and other donor-based funding.
- Provides effective and inspiring leadership for all SAWs Hub locations for the Project Managers, Area Coordinators and the Volunteers.
- Provides input for the annual SAWs Budget.
- Interacts on a regular basis with the Executive Director, Senior Accountant, Operations and Grant Coordinators
- Proactively identifies key problems and challenges and suggests, recommends, and provides possible solutions to the SAWs management team.
- Actively interacts with current and potential donors, i.e., Churches, Corporate Sponsors, Local and or County Government officials.
- Ability to travel locally within the confines of Marion County during ramp building season, and work nights, weekend and holidays, if required.
- 3+ years working in the not-for -profit environment
- Possess valid driver's license and kept in good standing during employment
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Written and oral communicates skills an absolute skill set requirement
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills a plus
- Ability to manage, develop and implement corporate strategies
- Ability to identify and demonstrate best practices and proactive approach to the organization
- Basic software ability with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willing to learn customized software packages such as BuilderTrend and Salsa
- Enjoys working in a not-for-profit environment and supports the SAWs mission
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Dexterity of hands to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Sight in order to be aware of hazards and dangers found in the nature of the work.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Lift moderate to heavy objects up to 35lbs
This position will take place in an indoor office environment as well as outdoor environment, with climate changes. It may involve being exposed to hazardous conditions.
- Years 1-2, two weeks paid vacation
- Years 3+ 3 weeks paid vacation
- Additional Time off and paid Holidays; New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Eligible participant for annual Company year-end Bonus Pool Funds
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Please explain why you feel you have above average written and oral communication skills
- Provide any examples of your strong organizational skills.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.