Mid-Level Advancement Officer - Tri Sigma Foundation
- 07-Sep-2021 to 06-Oct-2021
- - Tri Sigma Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
- $500/month healthcare reimbursement; Fully remote position with a flexible schedule; Office closed from December 24 until the next working day after January 1; Two weeks vacation; in addition to 11 paid bank holidays
Location: This is a remote position.
Position Type: Full or part-time applicants are encouraged to apply.
WHO YOU ARE: The person we are looking for builds relationships and is a person of integrity. They are emotionally intelligent, intuitive, organized, and politely persistent. They are results-focused, donor-centric, intrinsically motivated, and lastly, they have high energy.
WHO WE ARE: The Tri Sigma Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Tri Sigma Sorority. We raise funds that provide innovative leadership training for women, award scholarships to members and offer grants that support life-enhancing child life programs at hospitals around the country. For more information, visit trisigmafoundation.org
THE POSITION: Advances the mission of the Foundation by increasing the level of involvement and philanthropic commitment of existing donors and new donor prospects. This position functions as a fundraising generalist, emphasizing the cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts below $1,000 by managing donor relationships, qualifying donors for major and planned gifts, and prospecting for new donors.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SOLICITATION (65%)
- Identify, solicit and steward mid-level donors giving $1-$750 annually.
- The position will carry a portfolio of 250+ active donor prospects with a primary focus on front-line fundraising work.
- In addition to face-to-face visits during non-COVID times, develop creative ways to cultivate donors that capitalize on technology in our ever-connected world.
- Serve as the point of contact for all collegiate chapters. Includes outreach to cultivate relationships, customer service, and fulfillment of resource requests.
- Responsible for all collegiate chapter relationship management and education, including collaboration with sorority team members.
CULTIVATION AND STEWARDSHIP (20%)
• Execute gift materials, including briefing memos, thank you notes, proposals, and stewardship materials.
MONITORING AND REPORTING (15%)
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual key performance indicators to achieve revenue goals.
- This professional will also be responsible for the accurate recording and managing donor information in the donor database.
• Flexible: Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to create new ones. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- Responsive: Demonstrates the ability to respond with urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally, and ensure a high degree of responsiveness.
- Collaborative: Understands the impact of their work on other team members, communicating and collaborating appropriately.
- Creative: Demonstrates ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Results-Oriented: Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Polished: Professional attitude and appearance.
- Enjoys People: Natural relationship builder, excited about determining a donor's passion and helping them fulfill their dreams.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience preferred. Individuals with 2+ years of experience in relationship management and sales, or other related skills to fundraising, are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Membership in Sigma Sigma Sigma is preferred but not required.
- During non-COVID times, this job involves day trips and multi-day travel that require both driving and flying. The amount of travel varies month-to-month but will be a consistent component of the job.
- Ability to be on phone or video calls most of the day.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.