Advancement and Campaign Associate - Phoenix Theatre Cultural Centre
- 07-Sep-2021 to 30-Sep-2021
- - Phoenix Theatre of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Beginning at $35,000 (depending on experience)
- Full Time
The Phoenix Theatre Cultural Centre is a newly built, state-of-the-art performing arts center which opened in 2018 in downtown Indianapolis. At its core is the Phoenix Theatre, a company founded in 1983 with a mission of producing new and contemporary plays within an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. The Phoenix includes a professional Actor's Equity Association theatre with two indoor stages (proscenium and black box), a newly developed outdoor stage, an art gallery, and multiple event rental spaces.
The Advancement and Campaign Associate reports to two members of the senior leadership team: the Advancement Director who oversees the annual fund program, and the Sustainability Campaign Director who oversees our new sustainability campaign. The annual fund provides support for the general operations of the Phoenix Theatre through two annual appeals, two fundraisers, grants and sponsorships. The purpose of the six-year sustainability campaign is to alleviate debt, invest in a permanent endowment, create a maintenance fund, invest in systemic inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) training, and create new programs to further the mission of the organization. This full-time position will divide its time 50/50 between the Annual Fund and the Sustainability Campaign and will begin Nov. 1 or as soon as a suitable candidate has been selected
Assist with Annual Fund program (includes but is not limited to):
- Grantwriting – Lead writer for 15-20 annual grant applications and Final Reports; Manage internal grant calendar and steward grant process
- Manage audience survey systems – develop/update systems for all programs, events, and rentals; track demographics and compile data for grant reports
- Donor data entry – assist Database and Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure accurate and timely data input for both Annual Fund and Campaign; Ensure pledges and in-kind donations are documented and donor recognition is properly recorded; Ensure donors are acknowledged in a timely fashion.
- Maintain records of in-kind contributions including values provided by donors.
- Create monthly reports to share with staff and volunteer leadership
- Event logistics - Assist Advancement Director with small and large fundraisers
- Sponsorships - Maintain sponsorship tracking form; assist in creation of fulfillment packets
- Assist with video messaging to donors as part of Stewardship Plan
- Conduct prospect research for sponsorships and grant opportunities
Assist with Sustainability Campaign (includes but is not limited to):
Event Management and Meeting Coordination
Manage campaign events, including cultivation events, focus groups and public outreach activities.
Responsible for all elements of campaign events, including developing invitations, ordering food/beverages and coordinating follow up. (Or, work closely with hosts of private parties.) Collect RSVPs and manage guest lists.
Coordinate committee meetings and compile notes/action items.
Provide support for donor meetings and site visits.
Communications and Marketing
Utilize key messages and case for support to create and distribute campaign communication pieces for donors and prospects, including electronic newsletters, mailings, and campaign updates.
Develop talking points for speakers, written statements for media and presentations.
Maintain photos, videos, schematic drawings, and have available for presentations as needed.
Maintain and update campaign prospect lists and related materials
Prepare regular campaign reports to share with staff and volunteer leadership
Work with project manager to follow up on in-kind contributions to ensure that donations are received at the time they are needed.
Desired Skills and Competencies
Strong organizational skills and project management experience
Excellent written and verbal communication
Team oriented and able to work independently
Diplomatic and confident; able to maintain good relationships with donors while enforcing expectations and requirements
Proficiency in MS Office required. Experience with DonorPerfect, Adobe Creative Suite plus.
Photography and graphic design experience a plus
Experience working with leadership volunteers/boards a plus.
Some availability on evenings or weekends required.
Education and Experience
Requires BA or BS degree (or equivalent)
A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in grantwriting, event planning, project management, fundraising, communications, marketing, and/or similar functions, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full time, salaried position beginning at $35,000 (depending on experience)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Paid time off, vacation, and paid holidays.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Sept 30. Three writing samples are requested (1-2 pages, pdf format).