Outreach & Year-Round Program Coordinator - Horizons St. Richard's
- 07-Sep-2021 to 06-Oct-2021
- - Horizons St. Richard's
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Horizons at St. Richard's serves as part of a larger national network providing 6 weeks of summer academic and enrichment. We promote educational equity by creating resources and experiences to inspire a joy of learning for our students outside of school time. Our goal is to support students in making learning gains rather than experiencing learning loss. Horizons provides a tuition-free summer program and year-round wrap-around services.
Horizons blends high-quality academics in a small classroom setting with project-based learning, field trips, enrichment activities, community building, swimming, and social-emotional learning, which encourages students to learn and grow. Horizons' hands-on approach creates an environment that fosters a love of learning and the academic and social skills essential to personal growth.
We are looking for a dedicated, collaborative Outreach & Year-Round Program Coordinator to support our program. The Horizons Outreach & Year-Round Program Coordinator will have the unique opportunity to establish community and family relationships, develop new programming, plan and execute events and opportunities for Horizons' families, and oversee employees. Candidates must be passionate about education equity, empathetic, flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to work alongside a variety of constituents.
The Outreach & Year-Round Program Coordinator is a full-time salaried position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and implement the Horizons year-round programming (i.e. family events, tutoring)
- Work with families and monitor attendance to ensure robust participation in tutoring and family outreach activities and events
- Recruit, interview, train, manage and supervise tutoring and event staff
- Direct summer high school internship program
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with community organizations and program partners
- Work closely with partner schools to acquire student referrals and gain information about students participating in the program (i.e. teacher recommendation form, IEP's, etc.)
- Attend community events to ensure that the public is aware of Horizons at St. Richard's
- Share student progress reports and assessment data with families and students' home schools
- Enhance program partnerships through data collection and sharing
- Serve as a liaison between families and the program by holding listening sessions, communicating program updates to families regularly, and organizing parent groups to ensure strong partnerships for student success
- Maintain and update student and family data in individual student files and program-related databases
- Develop and maintain resources for parents and provide necessary referral information
- Two to three years experience working with families and community organizations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work successfully with a team, particularly in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Self-directed, able to work independently with a demonstrated history of taking initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituent groups, including children, family members, educators, volunteers and community organizations
- Shows respect and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Community Engagement, Nonprofit Management, or related field
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Click the APPLY button to apply online.