Regional Supervisor - Church World Services
- 07-Sep-2021 to 15-Sep-2021
- - Church World Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Fluency in Spanish
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Founded in 1946, Church World Service (CWS) is a non-profit and faith-based global humanitarian organization that provides sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee and immigrant assistance around the world and in the United States (U.S.). CWS has assisted over 865,000 refugees and immigrants from across all faiths and backgrounds to start new lives in the U.S. and to integrate into their communities. Join us in this life changing work.
As part of the CWS National Children Services team, the Regional Supervisor (RS) will provide local programmatic oversight and direct supervision of casework staff at assigned regional sites to ensure the safe and timely release of Unaccompanied Immigrant Children from Federal care and ongoing safety and well-being in the community. In addition, RS will play a supportive role to CWS National Children Services Program Managers in the areas of monitoring, referrals, training, and technical assistance.
- Serve as the local representative for CWS in the assigned region.
- Lead hiring efforts for vacant CWS Casework staff positions in the assigned region.
- In partnership with CWS Human Resources, ensure staff complete pre-hire screening and background checks.
- Provide regular supervision to direct reports.
- Promote staff safety and well-being.
- Monitor for program compliance and timeliness at the regional level.
- Support casework staff to complete comprehensive Home Study Reports through review for accuracy.
- Support casework staff to troubleshoot crisis issues that arise with children and sponsor.
- Serve as a mandated reporter.
- Assist CWS Program Manager with affiliate monitoring.
- Facilitate and track completion of staff training and ongoing technical assistance in assigned region.
- Support CWS Program Manager with case referrals and case assignments in assigned region.
- Network and develop partnerships within regional communities to educate providers on children's needs and to reinforce/increase partnerships in relevant areas.
- Advocate for children's access to services as needed.
- Master's in Social Work or equivalent degree in behavior sciences or a social service field.
- Licensed or license eligible.
- Minimum of three years of experience conducting home studies and writing assessment reports, working with children and youth, family reunification/ preservation, and or foster care/child welfare and previous work experience and interest working with foreign born populations is required.
- Three years of supervisory experience is required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to track and analyze data and adjust plans to ensure performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Personal vehicle and insurance.
- Must be willing to travel throughout relevant region and to other regions as assigned.
- Must be able to pass and FBI background check and a child abuse/neglect check.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Sept 15.