Communications & Marketing Coordinator - Food Finders Food Bank
- 12-Sep-2021 to 30-Sep-2021
- - Food Finders Food Bank Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $34,000 - 38,000 annually
- Full Time
- Great benefit package
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for development of Food Finders Food Bank's external communications and marketing strategies with a focus on increasing regional brand awareness and expanding donor engagement. Under the direction of the Chief Engagement Officer, the Communications & Marketing Coordinator implements the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations efforts and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization.
Donor stewardship is a critical focus area, encompassing the cultivation, retention and recognition of individuals, organizations and corporations.
Primary responsibilities are the collection of client stories and ability to share them across multiple forms of media, and the creation and distribution of externally facing communication initiatives, supporting the goals of the Food Bank, as well as the communication needs of other Departments at the Food Bank. This position reports to the Chief Engagement Officer and is part of the Engagement and Development teams.
- Work closely with the Chief Engagement Officer and Development Directors to execute all external communication initiatives including, but not exclusive to, quarterly newsletters, annual reports, web content, social media, blog postings, pitches, press releases, media talking points, event briefings and other press and publication-ready materials.
- Support other Departments at the Food Bank to ensure proper adherence to brand standards in all internally and externally facing materials and in the creation and maintenance of Food Bank collateral.
- Manage the appearance and content strategy for all owned channels including website and social media, including the design and publication of original digital market assets, e.g. infographics.
- Draft and distribute materials to gain media coverage of Food Bank activities. Serve as one of the media spokespeople for the Food Bank as needed.
- Maintain the proper inventory of all physical and printed branded assets.
- Performs other such duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English.
- 2-5 years' experience in job-related field required, non-profit experience preferred.
- Superb interpersonal, written (including proofreading and editing) and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in the Adobe software suite and all social media outlets. Direct experience in media functions a plus.
- Proficient in Wordpress website development and maintenance preferred.
- Photography, videography and video editing a plus, though not required.
- Valid Indiana driver's license with an insurable driving record. (Vehicle ownership not necessary.
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend work functions outside of normal work hours, on weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and take accountability for performance.
- Client and donor focused, consistently fulfilling internal and external commitments. Anticipates client and donor needs and responds in a timely and helpful manner.
- Highly organized, meticulous, detailed and service-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interested in collaborating in a team environment across departments. Considers others needs before taking action.
- Must be available during evening and weekends to respond to media inquiries, interview clients for fundraising purposes, and engage with supporters on social media platforms.
- Must be available at a moment's notice in situations such as a natural disaster or Food Bank emergencies (such as an accident, the website going down, etc.).
- Represent the food bank in a professional manner, may be assigned for community events, food drives, fundraisers, Mobile Pantries, tours, off-site recruitment events, etc.
Personal Attributes & Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around FFFB's vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Positive attitude; proactively seeks and incorporates feedback.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward constant innovation and process improvement.
- Adaptable and performs gracefully under pressure.
- Engaging, persuasive, outgoing and possessing a sense of humor deftly combined with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Capable of taking initiative and assuming responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with multiple co-workers and clients
- Compassion for low-income individuals.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Sept 30.