Communication Coordinator – Storyteller - Indiana State Bar Association
- 12-Sep-2021 to 02-Oct-2021
- - Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Generous Benefits Package
As the Indiana State Bar Association's communication coordinator, you will be the storyteller of the organization. You will build relationships with ISBA members, volunteers, partners, and staff in order to identify and share their stories and initiatives with the rest of the organization.
You will share ISBA's stories and initiatives primarily through ISBA's journal, social media, and program marketing.
Res Gestae, ISBA's journal: You will identify topics, solicit volunteer writers, manage writers' deadlines, organize copy, and work with the design and printing vendors to put the journal together on time each month. Read Res Gestae here: www.issuu.com/res_gestae
Social media: Let our followers know what our members and association are up to. This is your opportunity to share members' stories and experiences as a way to help our members engage with each other. Share these stories through updates, photos, and videos.
Program marketing: Our volunteer groups develop educational and networking opportunities for their fellow ISBA members. You will work with staff and volunteers to learn why the offering is compelling, then help write the program description, identify target audiences, and develop marketing emails and other deliverables to let the target audience know why the program is of interest to them.
A successful communication coordinator is a person who is able to build and leverage relationships in order to find stories worth sharing with our members, and who is able to manage multiple articles, writers, and deadlines in order to share those stories in a strategic, compelling way.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Meticulous project management skills
- High professionalism and ability to work with attorneys and judges
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and fine details
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Photography and/or videography
- An eye for graphic design
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of legal field
- Knowledge of membership associations
What we ask of you
- Work from our downtown Indianapolis office a minimum of once a week (Tuesdays)
- Willingness to travel to events, some taking place on nights and weekends
What we offer in return
- A flexible 35-hour per week work schedule in which you can work remotely four days per week and from the ISBA headquarters downtown Indianapolis on Tuesdays
- Employer-covered health, vision, and dental insurance
- Additional benefits including 401k, disability, and life insurance
- Paid parking on the days working in the office
- Generous paid time off
- Inclusive, supportive, and passionate work environment
- Professional development support
- You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this position's salary before applying. Please note that this is an entry level position.
State Bar Association
As the largest legal organization in Indiana, the Indiana State Bar Association empowers its members (lawyers, judges, paralegals, law librarians, law students and court administrators) to thrive professionally and personally. It works to find solutions to members' professional challenges, connect them with others in the profession across the state, and advocate on behalf of the profession.
ISBA is a voluntary bar'unlike many other states with mandatory bars'meaning licensed attorneys are not required to be members. ISBA is a nonprofit, Section 501(c)(6) organization.
Read our strategic plan at www.inbar.org/strategic-plan
ISBA Diversity Statement
The Indiana State Bar Association will integrate diverse perspectives into all aspects of its activities and into the fabric of the legal profession of this state. The ISBA believes this commitment is not only essential to the pursuit of our mission "to improve the administration of justice and promote public understanding of the legal system," but it also strengthens our ability to address all our members' needs. This commitment extends to fostering an inclusive work environment that respects, values and supports individuals regardless of differences.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by October 2.