Institutional Giving Coordinator - Minnetrista
- 12-Sep-2021 to 11-Oct-2021
- - Minnetrista Cultural Foundation
- Muncie, IN, USA
- $38,000 to $42,000 Annually
- Full Time
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision;401(k) and company match opportunity; life insurance; short and long term disability; vacation, sick, holiday and personal days.
Grow and maintain a robust portfolio of foundation, corporate, and government donors. Create and manage all aspects of the proposal process for grant and sponsorship opportunities. Increase contributed revenue and contribute to the overall success of the development program.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years' experience in fundraising, proposal writing, or a related writing field. Experience writing funding proposals preferred.
- Possess strong communication, multitasking, organizational, and project management skills.
- Experience working with CRM databases; Altru or other Blackbaud products preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Aware of current trends in nonprofit and arts fundraising, with particular emphasis on grant making and program sponsorships.
- Comfortable completing tasks independently and able to collaborate effectively on project-oriented teams, dependably and on deadline.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista's cultural values and visitor-centric focus. They should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration, and volunteers. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista's culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization's purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for considering Minnetrista's vision, values, mission, goals, and strategies within your daily routines.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization's purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function as a member of the Development team as described below.
- Administer the foundation and government grants and corporate sponsorship programs, including: relationship management; preparation of funding proposals and supporting documents in collaboration with colleagues from across the staff; accurate tracking of deadlines, calendars, and communication cycles; fulfillment of benefits packages and donor recognition; and completion of all reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Research new grant opportunities and match Minnetrista programs with potential funding opportunities.
- Manage the business membership program, including the acquisition and renewal process.
- Work closely with communications department to create custom proposal materials and donor recognition pieces, both print and electronic.
- Manage database processes for institutional donor accounts including: processing donations and business memberships, account management, creation of acknowledgements and benefits packets, and the regular generation of reports and program analytics.
- Prepare institutional donors lists for publications and mailings, in collaboration with other development and communications colleagues.
- Oversee the community donations program – Minnetrista's donation program to other community organizations.
- Support the planning and presentation of all development events and programming.
- Engage in professional development and maintain an understanding of trends in grant and sponsorship giving in order to make strategic decisions related to this work; participate in development department success by improving processes, sharing information, and contributing new ideas.
- Manage inventories of materials and supplies needed for development office use.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Primarily a sedentary office environment with desk, computer, phone, and files. Must be able to reach overhead and handle items approximately 20 lbs. Must be able to move about the entire Minnetrista 40-acre campus. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minnetrista values diversity and inclusivity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.