Development Officer - Kiwanis International
- 12-Sep-2021 to 11-Oct-2021
- - Kiwanis International
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Kiwanis Children's Fund department
Be part of Kiwanis Children's Fund and transform the goodwill and vision of Kiwanis members into programs that serve the children of the world. The development officer is a highly professional fundraising position that will work as a part of the Kiwanis Children's Fund fundraising team and support designated areas and their volunteers in the U.S. and abroad. He or she will work closely with the director of development and other Children's Fund staff in the development of fundraising strategies and activities, in securing annual and major gifts, and in strengthening and supporting all active campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or higher in business, communications or philanthropy preferred.
- Demonstrated fundraising success.
- History of success working both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of groups.
- Experience in strategic planning and data analysis; high attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent project management experience and multitasking skills.
- Volunteer management experience in a not-for-profit or service organization highly desired.
- Writing proficiency
- Microsoft Office products, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Internet proficiency including social media
- Raiser's Edge or Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Kiwanis Family experience a plus
- Multilingual a plus (reading, writing and speaking skills)
- Experience working in a non-profit or membership-based organization a plus
Working Conditions (in accordance with CDC guidelines)
- Some travel required (approximately 25% of time)
- Flexibility to work some evenings or weekends
- Available to work remotely and in office when required
Kiwanis International offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k), educational reimbursement and much more.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
No phone calls.
Principals only. EOE.
Click the APPLY button to view full job description, and apply on-line.