Executive Assistant to the CEO - Jewish Community Center
- 13-Sep-2021 to 12-Oct-2021
- - JCC
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
If making an impact appeals to you, the Jewish Community Center of Indianapolis (J) has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant who shares our passion for doing transformative work in a diverse and inclusive environment. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides high-level confidential administrative support, overseeing all aspects of the schedule, meetings, board and donor interactions, including Executive team and Board meetings and special projects assigned. The ideal individual is expected to demonstrate experience and attributes to work within an executive environment requiring strict confidentiality, initiative, attitude, and accountability.
Summary of Position
Responsibilities include a broad variety of administrative tasks, working closely with the CEO to maintain efficient and effective operations. The Executive Assistant must be resourceful and have strong organizational skills that reflect their ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail.
CEO Support (55%)
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing, and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected while pro-actively prioritizing conflicting needs.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with executives, J Board Members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow-up appropriately.
- Represent the CEO by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence, and arranging organizational functions.
- Complete critical administrative tasks, including drafting personal correspondence, staff and board communications, and other tasks.
- Coordinate board and staff meeting set-up and arrangements.
- Attend board, committee, and staff meetings, take minutes, and ensure timely distribution and follow-up.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute Annual Board meeting held in mid-June.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for board leadership development program.
Office Management (15%)
- Provide basic office support tasks such as placing orders, making copies, answering and screening calls, and filing.
- Monitor, order, and maintain monthly inventory of office supplies.
- Utilize room reservation system to coordinate and organize internal room rentals and reservations for local Jewish organizations. Coordinate with various staff to provide security, food & beverage, technology, and logistical event support.
- Manage Verizon Wireless business account.
- Contact service providers if/when equipment fails.
- Manage service agreements for office equipment.
- Process mail and packages as needed.
Program Support (15%)
- Provide technical support and program coordination for Arts & Education Department, specifically for virtual and hybrid events.
- Provide administrative and program support as needed.
- Create, collect, and file rental contracts for Fitness & Recreation Department.
Development Support (15%)
- Coordinate with key staff to draft and mail weekly donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with donor cultivation, correspondence and thank you projects.
- Research and organize potential grant opportunities.
- Write, edit, and submit grant applications and grant reports.
- Collaborate with executive staff and volunteers to coordinate fundraising events, such as Earth Day.
Key Skills & Core Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams, Zoom and other A/V technology for remote meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including donors, J Board Members, colleagues of the CEO, staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience working with financial information is a plus.
- Willingness to work hard and have fun while at it.
Executive Assistant to the CEO Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with donors, J Board Members, leadership team, and staff.
- Expert written and verbal communications skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Accessible during off hours as required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter sand resume.