Director of Early Childhood Education - Edna Martin Christian Center
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Edna Martin Christian Center was established as the East Side Christian Center in 1941. A community activist, Ms. Edna Martin, began working with children after school in the Martindale-Brightwood neighborhood. In 1946 the Center became a home mission of the American Baptist Churches, USA. As a result of this affiliation, the services and programs of the center expanded to include social services to strengthen families in the neighborhood. We are actively seeking a Programs Coordinator.
Job Summary: The Director of Early Childhood Education (ECE) is part of the Edna Martin leadership team and reports directly to the Executive Director. This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day program operations of the ECE program. This individual will supervise the ongoing monitoring and compliance of federal, state, and local regulations with regards to early childhood education. This includes compliance with FSSA and Paths to Quality (PTQ) Performance Standards, along with local health and safety codes. It also includes ensuring compliance with all mandated internal and external reporting requirements.
- Maintain a rich, child-focused, developmentally appropriate environment for the children in his/her care.
- Plan and implement a rich, child-focused, developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in his or her care. Share weekly plans.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines.
- Supervise and facilitate training of staff, volunteers, and university students.
- Attend in-service training and local conferences, and read articles or books that keep him/her abreast of issues and trends in early childhood education.
- Complete all necessary continuing education as required by state, NAEYC and licensing.
- Participate in early childhood staff meetings, and all staff meetings.
- Support, cooperate with, and communicate with other administration.
- Maintain a positive attitude, and contribute to the general well-being of staff and students. Work and communicate with families in a positive manner, and on a regular basis. Communicate with parents by phone once per month, and send home newsletters.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (preferred), or a Bachelor's degree in another field combined with experience in early childhood development programs with a plan to gain CDA or pertinent credential within one year.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate growth of the program.
- Respect and love for children.
- Ability to meet requirements per licensing/ministry regulations
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.